- Know Yourself
- The World of Work
- Tools and Skills
- Career Fairs, Seminars, & Events
- Graduate/Professional School
- Ecampus Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
You've Reached the Summit, Now Keep Going!
Use the skills you’ve learned on the trail to get things happening.
Extra Credit: Create a Professional Website or Blog
The hike wouldn’t be complete without a blog or a website documenting your travels.
- Create a professional website or blog that includes your resume, your goals, and some work samples, including writing samples, visuals (presentations, photography, documentation of achievements), and/or evaluations from current or previous jobs. Your website or blog can also include testimonials from previous supervisors, colleagues, professors, or advisors. A testimonial is a short statement that promotes a product, in this case, you!
- Once you have this blog or website up and running and looking good, you can put the url on your resume or on business cards and connect it to your Facebook and LinkedIn accounts as well.
Now You're Ready To:
- Choose your major and design your coursework with intention by talking to your academic advisor or a career counselor.
- Work with a professor on research.
- Join a student club or organization.
- Get an on-campus or off-campus job, an internship, or volunteer for a nonprofit.
- Study or intern abroad.
- Explore graduate school, year-of-service programs, or adventure jobs.
You have the tools. Now act! The more you do, the more you will know about what you want to do, and the more opportunities you will have to go and do it! Get on the trail, the Career Trail!