Entry-Level Job Search Engines
The number one comment from students searching for jobs online is that most of the job postings require at least 3 years of experience. Where are the entry-level job postings??? Well, many of the entry-level jobs are not posted and we encourage you to spend the majority of your job search networking (like 90% of your time) so you can find out about those hidden entry-level jobs. The other 10% of your time can be spent by looking for jobs online, just be sure to be strategic. Below are job search engines geared for the recent college graduate and don't forget that using the internet is a great way to research companies that are hiring, find people who work there, keep up with industry news and trends, and determine what skills you need to be a strong applicant.
Entry-Level Job Search Engines:
Beaver JobNet - many entry-level jobs and employers are specifically wanting to hire Beavers!
CollegeGrad.com - great site with entry-level job postings and advice on the job search including information about finding employers hiring, application materials, accepting an offer, and more!
College.Recruiter.com - find jobs and internships and find out what companies tend to post on this site.
Experience.com - find jobs and internships and lots of job search advice.
Granted.com - 10,000+ entry-level jobs posted
LinkedIn's Student Job Portal - jobs for students and recent graduates.
Monster College - Monster is a large job search database but they have a special sub category for college students. Learn about jobs and get interview tips from experts, network with other entry-level job seekers, and share job seeker resources, advice, and stories.
One Day One Job - Introducing college students and recent grads to exciting companies and their entry level jobs. Every day we take a look at one employer and the jobs that they are offering for recent college graduates. We scour both online and offline media for information on exciting companies that most people might overlook in the job search.
NOTE:This page contains links to websites not under the control of Oregon State University Career Services and we are not responsible for their contents. We'd like to hear your comments about these sites; feel free to contact us.
On the recommendation of our counseling staff, Career Services lists job and career information sites that generally meet the following criteria: are of interest to OSU students, easily navigated, and require no fee or registration prior to viewing. New sites may be submitted for consideration and are typically reviewed on an annual basis. Please indicate the page on our site where you think your link would be appropriate.