Reser Stadium implosion viewing and safety information
Oregon State University plans to implode the westside portion of Reser stadium between 7 and 8 a.m. on Jan. 7, 2022.
Following implosion, contractors will begin work to transform Reser Stadium into a year-round facility. The stadium will include football facilities, a new university student welcome center, and a new wellness clinic to offer students, faculty, staff and community members expanded health care and wellness services. Please visit this website for more information about Completing Reser Stadium.
Best viewing of the implosion will occur by watching online on this website.
Limited in-person viewing locations:
Very limited public viewing areas of the implosion will be available on Jan. 7:
East of the intersection of 26th Street and Western Boulevard. Viewing available along the sidewalk in front of the Hilton Garden Inn, reaching to the softball field.
- Short-term parking during implosion available in 3286 Sports Complex West Lot
North parking lot of Magruder Hall south of the intersection of Washington Way and 30th Street.
- Short-term parking during implosion available in Richardson Hall South Lot
Parking lot located across Washington Way and north of Prothro Field, and between 26th and 30th streets.
- Short-term parking during implosion available:
- Richardson Hall South Lot (Primary)
- OSU Parking Garage (Secondary)
Sidewalks south of the intersection of 35th Street and Washington Way.
- Short-term parking during implosion available in:
- Energy Center South Lot (Primary)
- Western Complex Lot (Secondary)
Important safety information about the planned implosion:
Residential, commercial and campus structures within 500 feet of the stadium must be unoccupied during the implosion.
Residents and occupants of residential, commercial and campus buildings within 1,000 feet of the westside stadium – but outside the 500-foot evacuation zone – are asked to stay indoors and away from windows while the implosion takes place.
As the implosion occurs, a series of explosive-like popping sounds will take place over approximately two seconds. Immediately afterward, the stadium structure will safely fall vertically to the parking lot level around the stadium.
Parking lots, streets and areas close to Reser Stadium will be closed for safety.
- Beginning at 6 p.m. on Jan. 6, the Reser Stadium parking lot will be closed to all vehicles until noon on Jan. 7.
- From 6 to 9 a.m., Southwest 26th and Southwest 30th streets between Southwest Western Boulevard and Washington Way will be closed to vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
- From 6 to 9 a.m., Southwest Western Boulevard between Southwest 26th and 30th streets will be closed to vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
- Those who typically park around Reser Stadium with a C Zone parking permit may park on Jan. 7 in any other campus C, B1, B2, or B3 parking lot.