Oregon State University
Veterans Connection Program

Transfer to Spouse/Children

Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35)

To transfer your benefits from another institution to Oregon State University, complete and submit to the Registrars’ VA Form 22-5495.

Select a major (not UESP) by the time you reach junior standing (90-134 credits earned). The OSU Registrar’s Office will certify your enrollment to the VA.

Monthly benefits are paid directly to you to use at your discretion. The VA mails monthly benefit checks to the address given them on the application form.

If your enrollment has been certified 30 days prior to the start of the term, the first benefit should be expected to arrive in the month following the first full month of school. For example, if you start school in the fall, your first benefit should be expected to arrive in November.

Veteran’s Dependent Tuition Waiver

This program is a tuition and fee reduction program for qualified veteran students who are not Oregon residents and are an admitted undergraduate student. Qualified students are charged tuition and fees no greater than the resident rate plus 50% of the difference between resident tuition and fee total and the nonresident tuition and fee total. This program does not apply for summer term, distance or e-campus classes. A student completes the application form and submits it to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. The Financial Aid office will coordinate with the OSU Registrar's Office to verify eligibility and nonresident charges. If the student is eligible, remission funds will be credited to the student's OSU Student Account.

Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Oregon State University
218 Kerr Administration
Corvallis, OR 97331-2120

Phone Number: (541) 737-2241
Email: Financial.Aid@oregonstate.edu