The OSU Registrar’s Office, in conjunction with academic advisors, will work with students on a case-by-case basis, looking at each request in an independent manner. In general, students called to active military duty have the following options:
- Full withdrawal from all courses at any point during the term without academic or financial penalty. Tuition would be refunded in full.
Partial withdrawal from some (but not all) courses at any point during the term without academic or financial penalty. Students who have completed a significant portion of their course work may be eligible to
- receive the grades earned in courses up to that point in time and/or
- request incomplete grades according to existing guidelines
- No withdrawal from any courses. Students who have completed a significant portion of their course work may be eligible to a) receive the grade earned in courses up to that point in time and/or b) request incomplete grades according to existing guidelines. No tuition would be refunded.
- Decisions as to which option is best for the student will depend on the student’s personal details, the time remaining in the term, the portion of coursework completed at the time of military activation, and understandings which can be reached with instructors.
- Please contact the Office of the Registrar, (541) 737-4048, with any questions.