Oregon State University Quick Facts:
- Location: Corvallis, Ore. (main campus)
- Branch Campus: OSU-Cascades in Bend (state’s only branch campus)
- Founded: 1868
- Enrollment: 28,440 (winter 2016)
- President: Edward J. Ray
- Institutional Status: Oregon State University is one of only two universities in the country (along with Penn State) to have federal designation as a Land Grant, Sea Grant, Space Grant and Sun Grant institution.
- Research: During the fiscal year ending June 30, 2013, OSU received $263 million in research revenue.
- OSU Foundation: The Oregon State University Foundation, a private, nonprofit organization, dedicates itself to garnering the resources that enable OSU to achieve excellence in education, research, and outreach. Annual fundraising totals have averaged more than $100 million for the last five years, placing the OSU Foundation among top performing like organizations nationally. More than 106,000 donors participated in OSU’s first comprehensive fundraising campaign, which concluded on December 31, 2014, with gifts exceeding $1.14 billion.
Tuition and Fees: Complete information on OSU’s tuition and fees for resident and non-resident undergraduate and graduate students is available at this link. Journalists who inquire about OSU’s “tuition rate” should be aware that tuition varies depending not only on residency but according to major.
To learn more about OSU: http://oregonstate.edu/main/about