We at Oregon State University are proud of the outstanding food, wine and beer that has been created in collaboration with our world-class food scientists. From artisan cheeses that win international prizes to pinot noirs recognized as among the best anywhere, we help to create delicious Oregon products that often showcase what’s possible through sustainable production and an emphasis on locally produced food and drink. On February 11, 2011 OSU highlighted food and drink from 20 companies in recognition of the impact the Oregon State University is making around the state and across the nation.
6:30 p.m. Social (6th floor)
7:30 p.m. Four course dinner (5th floor)
9:00 p.m. Entertainment (6th floor)
517 Southwest 2nd Street
Corvallis, OR 97330
Social - Willamette Valley Cheese Company cheeses accompanied by fine crackers
- Highlighting Bridgeport IPA and Willamette Valley Vineyards 2008 Founders Reserve Pinot Noir
- Special guest Don Crank, winemaker from Willamette Valley Vineyards, will speak briefly and be available to answer questions.
- Special guest Jeff Edgerton, brewmaster at Bridgeport Brewing, will speak briefly and be available to answer questions.
- Other special tastings include Block 15, Panther Creek Chardonnay and Deschutes beer
First Course - Potato & Roasted Corn Bisque: featuring potatoes from Amstad Produce in Sherwood, OR and cream from Spring Valley Dairy
- Paired with Airlie Reisling and Full Sail Amber Ale
Second Course - Spinach Salad topped with Cranberries, Feta & Marinated Red Onions: featuring feta cheese from Fraga Farms and cranberries from Coquille Cranberries
- Paired with King Estate Pinot Gris and Widmer Hefeweizen
Main Course - Braised Short Ribs dressed with a Peppercorn-Stout Demi Glace
Served with Toasted Barley Rissoto & Sauteed Swiss Chard: featuring natural short ribs from Country Natural Beef
- Paired with Silvan Ridge Syrah and Deschutes Obsidian Stout
- The vegetarian option is a baked parcel with Oregon wild mushrooms and featuring Farmstead Fontaina cheese from Willamette Valley Cheese Company
Dessert - Warm Chocolate Raspberry Cake with Honey Hazelnut Ice Cream: featuring raspberries from Willamette Valley Fruit Company and housemade ice cream using honey from Wild Harvest Honey in Blodgett, OR
- Paired with Troon Cabernet Sauvignon and Cascade Lakes Monkey Face Porter
Entertainment will be provided during the social and after dinner by The Infallible Collective: Lance Albertson (trumpet) is a network analyst for the Open Source Lab at OSU with a rich history of music experience including playing in all three big bands at his alma mater, Kansas State University. Doug Meyers (guitar) picked up a guitar at age 8 and hasn't been without one since. His vast knowledge of music theory, scales, chord progressions and transcription is primarily naturally developed. Corbin Simpson (keyboard) has a style characterized by a unique mixture of leggero passages containing many notes, and heavily syncopated, rhythmic grooves. His eclectic selection of songs adds depth to performances in the true jazz style. Dave Schwarm (drums) is an OSU graduate student in music education and a member of the OSU Jazz Band. Dave is also in the Percussion ensemble and has a studio of drum students. Michael Gunderson (bass) is a sophomore in music education and is active in horn choir, brass choir, jazz band and wind ensemble. In his spare time he teaches private music lessons.
Explore the Vue