New in 2014-15
The 6th Floor Wilson Hall will pilot a new Living-Learning Community in Fall 2014. The Arts & Social Justice Living-Learning Community is a space for visual artists, performance artists, and creative writers to connect, engage, and inspire art in the interest of positive sustainable change.
Through the arts, we aim to engage multiple communities and to explore interpersonal and systemic issues of social justice to create spaces that will challenge paradigms and transform the lives of our residents, our campus community, and our world. This small, tight community has limited space – only 30 students for the pilot year.
In line with the goals of this community to explore, engage, and examine the world beyond traditional identity norms, this community will be Gender-Inclusive. By choosing to be a part of this community, all participants agree to live in a gender-inclusive space which entails using a common bathroom and shower space composed of individual private stalls in a gender-inclusive bathroom.
This new community is open to all students of all majors. Experience or expertise with art or social justice not required. Linked classes will be offered through The School of Language, Culture, and Society (SCLS).
There is a resident director serving Wilson Hall, and two resident assistants (RAs) on each floor. Rooms are coed by neighbor with a men's and women's bathroom on each floor.
Wilson Hall houses approximately 350 students, and floors one through five are open to general room selection.
Wilson Hall will be open during all breaks next year. For more information, visit the Break Housing Information page.
2013-14 Hall Theme
Wilson Hall is proud to partner with the Women in Science and Engineering and the Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Program. Thanks to this partnership, Wilson Hall will be the home to multiple classes this year. Note: Engineering theme has moved to Hawley-Buxton hall for 2014-15.
2014-15: New Arts and Social Justice living-learning community.
2013-14: The fourth and fifth floors of Wilson are designated as Engineering Floors. Note: Engineering theme has moved to Hawley-Buxton hall for 2014-15.
2013-14: The fifth floor of Wilson has a female-only wing (rooms 522 to 539).
Amenities & Services
- High-Speed Internet
- Cable TV
- Wilson Furniture
- Extra-long beds (36"x80")
- Loft kits available for 4th Floor residents (Residents on other floors can build their own lofts)
- Projectors available for checkout at the front desk
- Xbox 360 with Kinect in the main lounge (with controllers and games available for checkout at the front desk)
- Laundry Facilities (Unlimited use for residents)
- Women's only wing
- Mail delivered to McNary Service Center (541-713-5114)
- Variety of kitchen equipment for checkout
- Various board games
- Ping pong and multiple pool tables with equipment for checkout
- Science, Math & Engineering emphasis
- Select rooms with ADA Strobes
- A roll in shower in each bathroom
Pictures & Views