The University Honors College (UHC) is proud to feature a robust living and learning community within West Hall & beginning in fall 2015, Sackett Hall. Located on the west side of campus close to the Marketplace West dining area, and the Learning Innovation Center, West Hall and the UHC wings in Sackett Hall are highly desirable residential spaces on campus. Both offer students unique amenities.
West offers suite-style rooms; computing, printing, and collaborative resources; on-site Honors advising; and a large kitchen facility. While Sackett Hall features walk-in closets, rooms with a separate sleeping porch, and renovated bathrooms.
In addition Sackett offers an extensive student engagement and study space, faculty office space and is in close proximity to the Learning Innovation Center (LInC), the new home of the UHC beginning fall 2015.
As the home of many of Oregon State’s most engaged and active students, these communities are stimulating social and intellectual environments that will be a touchstone throughout your years at Oregon State University. Space in both West Hall and the UHC wings in Sackett are limited and only students who have been admitted to the UHC are able to confirm a room in these communities.
In order to have the best chance at reserving a room in your desired hall apply for housing prior to May 1st and watch closely for information from University Housing and Dinning regarding procedures for selecting a room.
Space in West is limited and only students who have been admitted to the UHC will be able to confirm a room in West Hall. In order to have the best chance at reserving a room in West follow the procedures listed below:
1. Prior to May 1st, apply for housing on the University Housing and Dining Services website. Once you have submitted your housing application, you will be able to return to the roommate search to see applicant profiles and identify potential roommates.
2. If your first priority is to live in West Hall, you will want to find a roommate who has also been admitted into the UHC. After March 31, 2014, there will be a search feature available in the Roommate Matching Network™ to see those applicants who have also been admitted into the Honors College. Only students who have been admitted to the UHC will be able to confirm a room in West Hall.
3. If you have selected a roommate who is not in the UHC consider selecting a room in Cauthorn Hall, just next door to West. Limited space in Cauthorn has been reserved through the room selection process for Honors students who select roommates who have not been admitted to the UHC. All Honors students will have access to Honors facilities and activities in West.
4. Prior to May 30th, pay your advanced tuition deposit (ATD) to Oregon State, registered for a START orientation session, and sign a housing contract online.
5. Room selection begins for UHC students on June 2, 2014. You are encouraged to reserve a room on the 2nd or soon after. If you do not participate in the room selection process by July 1, 2014, University Housing and Dining Services will assign you a roommate and a hall based on your application profile and space availability. This automatic placement may be in a room that is not in West Hall.
See more Important Dates in the housing selection process.