In alignment with the vision, mission, strategic goals, and core values of University Housing & Dining Services, five department-wide initiatives have been developed to ensure broad representation and quality implementation of effort. The charges of these groups are described below:
Customer Service Initiative - P.R.I.D.E.
Send a message of pride in your Presentation
See interruptions as meaningful interactions
: Create an opportunity for a future interaction
Perform promised service dependably and accurately
Execute our Mission:
Ensure we provide the #1 choice for housing and dining
University Housing and Dining Services staff members are advocates for an increasingly inclusive environment and community through understanding, enhancing, promoting, and celebrating the uniqueness of our student residents and department staff.
We will create an inclusive environment and community through a commitment to equity issues regarding the free and safe expression of sex, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ethnicity, religious affiliation or lack thereof, disability status, socio-economic status, poverty status, sexual and affectional orientation, international students and cultures, language fluency, veteran status, non-traditional-aged students, and student parents.
- The UHDS Sustainability Initiative is intended to:
- Strive to reduce our impact and carbon footprint on our campus and community environments in all that we do
- UHDS is committed to creating environments that promote healthy behaviors. The UHDS Wellness Committee has been established with the role of fostering a culture of wellness for UHDS employees and students by:
- Assessing needs, interests and engagement regarding wellness
- Assessing the physical work environment and any barriers to wellness
- Recommending the adoption of policies and practices that create and support wellness in the workplace
- Communicating, implementing and providing on-going support for wellness programming
- The UHDS Safety Initiative is responsible for:
- Reviewing data from Reports of Accident generated by incidents within UHDS facilities,
- Identifying areas and topics for additional training based on trends
- Compiling resources for recurring and reactive training sessions