Living in the heart of Beaver Nation is an amazing experience ...
Benny wants you to stay!
Changes and updates for fall 2015 Returning Student Applicants
- Hall Information: Amenities, Living-Learning Communities and Special Interest Communities (New communities!)
- Dining Plan Information: 2015-16 Dining Plans feature up to a 25 percent discount for on-campus residents!
- Housing Tours: Plan a visit; view photos, videos and floorplans.
- Interest Form: Fill out an interest form today to ensure you get the first pick of on-campus rooms starting Wednesday, April 1 (times may be assigned based on level of interest).
Important Dates for Fall 2015 Returning Student Applicants
- February 25, 2015: Housing Expo, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Memorial Union Ballroom
- April 1, 2015: Current OSU Students who indicated interest in returning to on-campus housing may begin picking rooms and signing a housing and dining contract via MyUHDS for 2015-2016.*
- April 6– April 30, 2015: All Current OSU students may select rooms via MyUHDS.*
- May 15, 2015: Current OSU student contract cancellation deadline for 2015-2016.
*$50 contract signing fee will be charged to your student account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Returning Student Room Selection
Living with University Housing & Dining Services for another year gives returning residents great benefits:
- All returning students get a $100/month rebate on their room rate! Save a total of $900 for the year, as a sign of appreciation for your loyalty and being committed to the on campus environment. It will be credited to your student account once each academic term in the amount of $300.
- Get the first pick of rooms on campus. Students who fill out a housing interest from can select their rooms starting April 1.
- Save 25% off food in dining centers with your resident discount! Only campus residents can claim this new greater 25% discount with their dining plan starting next fall.
- Avoid the hassle of off-campus rentals. Living on campus means one bill and no required deposits or security fees! All utilities, WiFi and laundry facilities are included. UHDS staff will clean common areas and remove trash daily (no need to walk to outside dumpsters starting Fall 2015).
- Live with other upperclassmen in Tebeau, Halsell or Bloss halls. While first year students are required to live on campus, a growing number of upper-division and transfer students find equal value and benefits from living on campus. To further accommodate students who are older than our traditionally-aged first year students, we have created a program geared towards providing upper-division students the tools and opportunities to prepare for the future after college through focusing on five distinct areas: career planning, leadership and involvement, academic enhancement, experiencing diversity, and enhancing community. Students living in these communities must be at least 20 years old OR a transfer student OR a returning student.
To learn more about these options, please contact UHDS via email or by calling 541-737-4771.