This group is tasked with reviewing and providing input on addressing issues (arrival, roommate conflict, language barriers, processes and procedures, etc) directly related to the on-campus experience of international students.
Task Force Members:
Brian Stroup*, Jacqueline Chambers, Dawn Snyder, Thet Mar Win, Rachael Weber, Nikki Hinshaw
- Accumulating a list of services all international students receive on campus
- Develop structure of when training for professional staff on inter cultural communication should take place throughout the year for UHDS
- Ensure international students staying on-campus have a positive experience
- Support international student programming across campus
Projects- Past, Present, Future:
- Support for Campus International Welcome Center
- Taste of Southeast Asia: a journey through culture and cuisine (November 2008)
- Taste of the Mediterranean: a journey through culture and cuisine (November 2009)
- Taste of the Indian Ocean: a journey through culture and cuisine (November 2010)
- International Student On-Campus Experience assessment and survey (current)
E-mail meeting convener for details
Time commitment / involvement opportunities:
Minimal time commitment - monthly meetings last approximately an hour; opportunities for involvement range from full subgroup participation to assistance with an International Education Week event, etc.