Scholar Housing Program
Scholar housing is available to visiting scholars, researchers, and interns year-round through our residential conferences office. All scholars must have an academic program or university related purpose for their stay and be connected with a sponsoring academic department in order to be eligible for scholar housing. Students enrolled in academic courses at OSU should apply for on-campus housing through their MyUHDS account. Please direct questions of eligibility to the Residential Conferences office at email@example.com or (541) 737-9195.
We offer a variety of guest suites and residence hall rooms at Oregon State University for our guests. Please complete our scholar housing reservation form below and our office will contact you to confirm eligibility and room availability.
Housing Information and Rates for Summer 2013 (June 21-September 15, 2013)
|Suite-Style Single Halsell||
Amenities: Private bedroom with twin bed and desk. Shared bathroom, living room and kitchenette with up to 5 persons
Rates: $36 per person per night
|Suite-Style Double Halsell||
Amenities: Shared bedroom with one scholar with 2 twin beds and desks. Shared bathroom, living room and kitchenette with up to 5 persons
Roommates: Can be requested or assigned and are required for the double rate.
Rates: $29 per person per night
Standard Single Occupancy Room
Amenities: Twin bed, desks, chairs, wardrobes, and shared community bathrooms by gender
Standard Double Finley Hall Room
Amenities: Two twin beds, desks, chairs, wardrobes, and shared community restrooms
|Discounts available based upon length of stay: 3-6 nights receive 5% off, 7-10 nights receive 10% off, 10-13 nights receive 25% off, 14 nights+ receive 50% off|
During the week of June 17- June 21, 2013 there will be limited housing available due to steam system maintenance that affects hot water availability.
Housing Information and Rates (September 15, 2013-June 2014) Rates subject to change January 1, 2014
Sackett Hall Suites
|Amenities: Queen bed, private bathroom, micro fridge and microwave, desk, and livingroom.
Rates: $38 per night
|Amenities: Twin or queen bed, private bathroom, full kitchen, and desk.
Rates: $46 per night
Discounts available based upon length of stay: 3-6 nights receive 5% off, 7-10 nights receive 10% off, 10-13 nights receive 25% off, 14 nights+ receive 50% off
All of our scholar housing spaces are inside residence halls that are primarily occupied by OSU students. Although late evening quiet hours are enforced there may be some level of noise created by our vibrant communities. Please contact the Residential Conferences office with questions or concerns involving community members.
If you need more information, please email us or call 541-737-9195.
Accommodations and Amenities
- Single- and double-occupancy rooms
- Wireless internet access is available in rooms
- Recreational Center Membership passes are available for purchase to visiting scholars
- All guests have access to a private or community kitchen or kitchenette
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Complete linen package: two flat sheets, one pillow, one pillowcase, one blanket, one towel, and one washcloth
- Large and small lounge space available for use
- University dining centers conveniently located near all on-campus housing
- Access to the Beaver Movie Channel (a free on-demand streaming movie channel) through provided ResNet guest internet account
- Elevator access is available
- Convenient payment options by check, OSU index number, or Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards
- Mailboxes may be assigned to scholars staying more than 2 weeks upon request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a mailing address.
Safety and Security
Scholars will be issued a room key and an outside door access fob. For the safety and security of our guests and residents we ask you to keep track of keys and report lost or stolen keys. Replacement cost for room keys is $50 and replacement cost for outside door access fob is $50.
Oregon State is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the Corvallis campus (OAR Chapter 576, Division 040). Read more about the policy.
Parking zones are enforced Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. To obtain a permit, contact Transit and Parking Services.
Scholars are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of their space while staying with us and are requested to clean before moving out.