Important Application Dates
Important Dates for Fall 2013 Applicants
- November 1, 2012: New student housing application available
- December 1, 2012: Roommate Matching Network available
- April 8, 2013: Current student room selection begins: Current building only
- April 10, 2013: Current students may select any available space on campus
- April 30, 2013: Current student room selection ends. All current students must select a space by now in order to have on-campus housing for 2013-14.
- May 15, 2013: Current student cancellation deadline
- May 20, 2013: New OSU students in academic groups (University Honors College, Engineering, and the Austin Entrepreneurship Program) may select rooms
- May 28 – June 2, 2013: New OSU students who completed a housing app before February 1, 2013 may select rooms
- June 5 – June 17, 2013 at 5 PM: New OSU students with completed housing applications may select rooms
- July 1, 2013: Assignment notifications available on MyUHDS for new students (dependent on space availability and application date)
- August 1, 2013: New student cancellation deadline
Cancellation Information for 2013-14 residents:
Current students attending OSU or living in UHDS housing with a contract for UHDS housing for 2013-2014 have until May 15, 2013 to cancel their contract without incurring a cancellation fee. New applicants, who are not currently attending OSU, have until August 1, 2013 to cancel their contracts without incurring a Cancellation Fee.
Residents who have a signed contract with UHDS, participated in formal Greek recruitment, and plan on moving into a University-recognized Greek facility will have until September 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM to cancel this contract without being charged the cancellation fees.
For Residence Halls and Cooperative Houses: The cancellation fee is the full remaining Contract Term after receipt of Cancellation. If cancellation takes place prior to Occupancy, the fee will be assessed equal to the amount of one academic term charge excluding unused Dining Dollars. If cancellation takes place during Occupancy of the Contract Term, the fee will be assessed for the remaining Contract Term excluding unused Dining Dollars. If, at the start of Winter or Spring term, UHDS housing is oversubscribed and students who desire rooms are housed in temporary housing, the previously cancelling student will be refunded the amount of the Contract Term minus the amount for the academic term(s) in which UHDS is oversubscribed and over capacity.
Important Dates for Spring 2013 Applicants:
- Late March, 2013: Assignment letter will be emailed to new students. Applicants are encouraged to log in to MyUHDS to view their current assignment status.
- March 28, 2013: Contracts for new students assigned for spring term are due. Contracts may be signed electronically for students who are at least 17 years of age. Applicants who wish to cancel their assignment must indicate in writing by this day in order to avoid a $9 per day cancellation fee for the residence halls or a $6 per day cancellation fee for the cooperative houses for spring term.
- March 29, 2013: Residence Halls and Cooperative Houses open for new spring term residents at 9am.
- April 1, 2013: Spring term classes begin.
* All procedures begin at 2 p.m. on the day they are scheduled, unless otherwise noted.
** New this year for Priority Housing Selection: Students who wish to live in doubles will NOT need to find a roommate ahead of time, in order to reserve one half of a room. However, students that want to live in a triple or quad (three- or four-person rooom), will still need to find and confirm roommates ahead of room selection in order to participate.
Download a PDF of important application dates.
Students who wish to cancel their assignment must indicate in writing by the cancellation deadline specified above. Please send an email to email@example.com with your OSU student ID number, full name, and reason for cancelling. If your cancellation is received after the cancellation deadline, there is a $9 per day cancellation fee for each day of the contract that you have not fulfilled. There is a total of 228 contract days.
Potential cancellation charges:
For example, if you cancel your contract on Aug. 1, 2012, you will be charged for all 228 days of the contract, which is $2,052. If you cancel 8 days into fall term, you will receive a $1980.00 ($9.00 per day x 220 days) cancellation charge.
The term of this Contract is for the entire 2012–2013 academic year. Note: Your contract start date is based on the term you begin occupancy.
Start Date: September 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM
End Date: June 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Vacation Breaks for 2012-13 residents:
Winter Break: December 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM through January 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Spring Break: March 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM through March 31, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Some buildings are open during break periods. If you are eligible to remain in your room during break periods, there is an additional cost of $126.00 per week for break housing.