Applying for housing or paying your ATD after August? Contact our housing office for information about your housing assignment at 541-737-4771 or email@example.com.
Important Dates for Fall 2014 Applicants
- November 1, 2013 – May 1, 2014: Priority application dates for housing. Students may apply for housing as soon as they are admitted to the university.
- December 1, 2013: Roommate Matching Network™ available for students with completed housing applications
- May 1 – June 1, 2014: After May 1, all students who have paid their ATD (or who have the appropriate exemptions) will be eligible to sign their electronic contract for 2014-2015 and register for the summer START orientation program.
- June 2 – June 4, 2014: New students who have contracted for 2014-2015 who are part of the following programs may select rooms for the corresponding building:
- University Honors College: West Hall
- Austin Entrepreneurship Program: Weatherford Hall
- June 4 – June 6, 2014: New students who have contracted for 2014-2015 who are part of the following programs may select rooms for the corresponding building:
- Engineering: Buxton and Hawley Halls
- Global Village: International Living-Learning Center
- June 9 – June 10, 2014: New students who have contracted for 2014-2015 who are part of the following programs may select rooms for the corresponding building:
- Arts and Social Justice: Wilson Hall
- Health and Well-Being: McNary
- Substance Free: McNary Hall
- June 10 – June 11, 2014: New students who have contracted for 2014-2015 who are part of the following programs may select rooms for the corresponding building:
- Civic Engagement: Bloss Hall
- ROTC: Finley Hall
- June 11 – 16, 2014: All other new students who have contracted for 2014-2015 may select spaces in all eligible buildings based on availability.
- June 17 – 20, 2014: Students who have contracted for 2014-2015 who do not select a room on their own will be assigned based on the date they applied for housing.
- July 2014 – September 2014 (residence hall opening): Students who applied for housing after May 1, 2014 will be assigned on a rolling basis, based on the date they apply for housing if:
- They have paid their ATD (or who have the appropriate exemptions), and
- They have registered for START (summer orientation), and
- They sign a contract* with UHDS for 2014-2015
- August 1, 2014: New student contract cancellation deadline – for students not attending OSU.
- August 2014: Non-first year new student applications for fall 2014 will be considered based on space availability.
*A $45.00 contract signing fee will be billed to student accounts within 48 business hours of signing the electronic contract. Your earliest eligibility date for selecting a room will be displayed on your completed housing application.
Please note: All application dates and events begin at 2:00 pm pacific time on the day they are scheduled.
Important Dates for Fall 2014 Returning Student Applicants
- April 1, 2014: Current OSU students may complete an application and sign electronic contract.
- April 15, 2014: Current residents with signed contracts for 2014-15 may select a room within their current building
- April 16-25, 2014: Current OSU students with signed contracts for 2014-15 may select rooms anywhere on campus
- May 15, 2014: Current OSU student contract cancellation deadline for 2014-2015.
Fall 2014 Opening Dates
During Fall 2014, OSU move-in will be spread over two days:
- Tuesday September 23, 2014 (Buxton, Cauthorn, Finley, Hawley, McNary, Weatherford, West, Wilson)
- Wednesday September 24, 2014 (Bloss, Callahan, Halsell, Hawley, Tebeau, Poling, Sackett)
- Note: International Living-Learning Center residents can move in Sunday, September 21, to arrive in time for international student orientation.
Non-first year freshman – New to OSU assignments
Applications for non-first year freshman will be processed in August (wave 3 and 4), based on projected space availability after a majority of the first year freshman have been assigned.