For current UHDS residents who want to change rooms, simply follow the steps below to complete your room change.
Orchard Court Apartment Changes
Orchard Court residents should contact the Orchard Court Manager, or see the Orchard Court Service Center for details.
Room Change Process
Room changes for the 2015-16 academic year will occur between weeks 3 through 9 of Winter and Spring term. Room changes will not be offered during Fall term, due to the large number of students that will be in temporary housing and will be transitioning to permanent housing assignments as they become available in the Fall. However, even for Fall term we encourage you to meet with your Resident Director to explore options. If you would like to change your room, please follow the steps below:
- Meet with your Resident Director (RD) or Cooperative Director (CD)
- Your hall staff will want to know if there are specific reasons you would like to move that should be addressed within the community.
- If your request to change rooms is approved, your RD or CD will submit the online request to be processed by the UHDS Assignments staff.
- Room Change Offer
- If we have a space available based on the preferences you have indicated, you will receive an email offering you the space on Wednesday. You have until noon on Thursday to accept or decline the space. Not responding in the allotted time will be the equivalent of declining the offer.
- Complete the Room Change
- If you accept the new space, you will be able to pick up keys for your new space on Friday during Service Center business hours. Once you have picked up your new room key from the appropriate Service Center, you have until 5:00pm on Sunday to complete your room change. (Weatherford room changes must be completed by 4:00pm on Saturday.) Room changes are not complete until keys for your previous room have been returned to the appropriate service center.
When moving-out of your old room, follow the guidelines found on the Moving Out web page when cleaning your room and scheduling a move out with your RA/CD.
Room changes that continue past Sunday at 5:00pm are subject to an Improper Move Out Fee of $50.00. Should you continue to occupy two rooms beyond that time, you will also be subject to additional fees up to $250.00 and/or be charged for both rooms.