Our goal is to delight your senses, create a memorable event, and provide a pleasurable experience.
OSU Catering is comprised of professionals and students working together to provide an outstanding service to Oregon State University.
We offer cuisine for a variety of events including small intimate gatherings, business meetings, conferences, banquets, picnics, weddings and black tie affairs.
Our catering menu offers an excellent variety of culinary choices, prepared by our award-wining staff and served with professional flair. Our professional staff will also help you customize any menu to include a personal favorite or a new recipe or for dietary restrictions or cultural preferences.
OSU Catering is proud to promote responsible stewardship when it comes to our environmental practices. We made several fundamental shifts in our business processes in an attempt to lessen our carbon footprint. These are a few things we are particularly proud of:
- We are now composting 100% of our post-consumer food waste.
- We use commercially compostable utensils, cups, plates, and napkins as a standard.
- We partner with local food producers for much of our produce, dairy, seafood, and beef.
- We utilize our electric vehicle for short-range deliveries.
- We use B-20 diesel (20% bio-diesel) in our large delivery vehicles, a significant shift from the B-2 (2% bio-diesel) state mandate.
- Leftover food, kept at safe temperatures, is donated to the Linn-Benton Food Share program.
- We recycle our cardboard, paper, aluminum, tin, conventional plastics, soft plastics, and wine corks.
- We recycle our used cooking oil, which is then processed to make Bio-Diesel.
- Hosting a campus event? Fill out Campus Recycling's event services request.
These are some of the local vendors and businesses we have the privilege to partner with!
- Allann Bros. Coffee Co.
- Big River Breads
- Bob’s Red Mill
- Carlton Meats
- First Alternative Co-op
- Pacific Coast Fruit Distribution
- Pacific Seafood
- Rain Shadow El Rancho beef
- Special Occasions rentals
- Spring Valley Dairy
- Willamette Valley Cheese Co.
We encourage our customers to help us be responsible stewards by the nature of their orders. To help with our efforts, for your next event, please consider the following:
- Order beverages in bulk rather than individual cans & bottles.
- Our lunch platters can provide the same foods as our to-go sack or boxed lunches but without the extra waste.
- Use china instead of our compostable disposable products.
- Our vegetarian options are delicious and have less of an inherent carbon-footprint.
- Ask for an all-local menu, or all-organic!
Student Jobs with OSU Catering
University Housing & Dining Services, and Dining Services specifically, employs hundreds of student staff in a variety of locations, including: Arnold, McNary, Bing's, Marketplace West, Cascadia Market, Peets Coffee & Tea, and OSU Catering. Dining Services includes student positions in food preparation, retail food sales, dining operations, and customer service. To find out if you are eligible for student employment, please consult the OSU Student Employment Manual.
- Student Dining application: To apply please complete the application here.
- UHDS Student Dining Training Manual: 2013-14 Student Training Manual (pdf)
- Student catering service workers position description: Catering Service Workers (pdf)
Professional Jobs with OSU Catering
- No current openings