Advertising on BMC
When a movie is viewed on Beaver Movie Channel (BMC) video ads or "bumper ads" are included at the start of each movie which the viewer cannot fast forward through. UHDS is offering OSU groups and departments the opportunity to promote programs and events via a bumper ad for a nominal fee as a way to help offset the cost of the movie service.
Views Per Week
Below are the average number of movie views per week in each month. This shows how many times your ad would be directly viewed in one week! Posters don't compare to that kind of exposure. As the year progresses we will continue to post the latest stats.
Oct 2012: 634 views per week
Nov 2012: 1038 views per week
Dec 2012: 1264 views per week
Jan 2013: 902 views per week
Feb 2013: 545 views per week
Mar 2013: 873 views per week
Apr 2013: 1258 views per week
Here are the details...
- We limit the number of ads that can run at the beginning of each movie to a maximum of six.
- All six ads run in the bumper ad video before each movie starts.
- The six ad spots are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Ads can be a static image for 10 seconds or a video with a maximum time of 15 seconds.
- Ads are restricted to OSU groups and departments to promote their programs, groups, and events.
- $50 for a 1 week ad
- $80 for a 2 week ad
- $120 for a 3 week ad
- $150 for a 4 week ad
Video, Image & Sound File Details
- Video: A video can be a maximum of 15 seconds long. It will look best if its size is 1280 x 720 pixels which is a 16:9 ratio or HD 720p. Anything else will be re-sized to a 720 pixel height. Any common single file video format is acceptable (mp4, mov, wmv, etc).
- Static Image: A static image can be in almost any picture format. The best size is 1280 x 720 pixels which is a 16:9 ratio. Anything else will be re-sized to a 720 pixel height. Keep in mind that a landscape orientated picture with large text will be much more readable than a profile orientation. Static images will play for 10 seconds.
- Sound: Voice-over and music can be used with your ad. Sound for static images can be uploaded as a separate file and should be 10 seconds long. Anything longer will be edited to the first 10 seconds. Sound for video can also be uploaded separately, if not already included in the video.
- Tips: Do not use a lot of text. Keep it short and to the point. Use large text size and easy to read fonts.
Email BMC if you have questions.
Example Bumper Ad