When a movie is viewed on Beaver Movie Channel (BMC) video ads or "bumper ads" are included at the start of each movie which the viewer cannot fast forward through. UHDS is offering OSU groups and departments the opportunity to promote programs and events via a bumper ad for a nominal fee as a way to help offset the cost of the movie service.
In the average week there are 1000+ movie views. This means your ad is directly viewed 1000+ times in a week! Posters don't compare to that kind of exposure.
- $50 for a 1 week ad
- $90 for a 2 week ad
- $120 for a 3 week ad
- $35/week for 4+ weeks
- There are six ad spots at any one time, and they are scheduled on a first come first serve basis.
- All six ads run in the bumper ad video before each movie starts.
- Ads can be a static image for 10 seconds or a video with a maximum time of 15 seconds.
- Ads are restricted to OSU groups, club, organizations, and departments to promote their programs, classes, events, and general information.
Video, Image & Sound Files
- Video: A video can be a maximum of 15 seconds long. It will look best if its size is 1280 x 720 pixels which is a 16:9 ratio or HD 720p. Anything else will be re-sized to a 720 pixel height. Any common single file video format is acceptable (mp4, mov, wmv, etc).
- Static Image: A static image can be in almost any picture format. The best size is 1280 x 720 pixels which is a 16:9 ratio. Anything else will be re-sized to a 720 pixel height. Keep in mind that a landscape orientated picture with large text will be much more readable than a profile orientation. Static images will play for 10 seconds.
- Sound: Voice-over and music can be used with your ad. Sound for static images can be uploaded as a separate file and should be 10 seconds long. Anything longer will be edited to the first 10 seconds. Sound for video can also be uploaded separately, if not already included in the video.
- Tips: Do not use a lot of text. Keep it short and to the point. Use large text size and easy to read fonts.
Email BMC if you have questions.
Example Bumper Ad