Many of you may be continuing the 200 level General Chemistry sequence in winter term (CH 232/262 or 233/263). This sequence has separately numbered lectures and labs, and registering for these Chemistry classes can be confusing. Here are some instructions to make it easier. The issue is that the lecture sections (CH 232 and 233) and the lab sections (262 and 263) are linked, thus registration for all components must happen at the same time, or it won’t work.
Here are two ways to do this:
- Use the online schedule of classes to look at Chemistry offerings for winter term (Corvallis campus offerings ). Identify the CRN’s - For CH 233/263, you will have three - one for the 233 lecture, one for the CH 233 recitation, and one for the 263 lab - and for CH 232/262, you will only have two, one for the CH 232 hybrid class and one for the CH 262 lab. The schedule of classes is real time and allows you to see the sections that are open. Once you’ve identified CRN’s that will work (make sure the times you’ve chosen for the respective don’t conflict with each other), then you can add them to CRN table in the Registration system and click submit. Provided everything is open and there are no time conflicts, you should be set
- You can use the Advanced Search function in the online registration system to find all the necessary pieces of the class at once:
- Click the “Class Search” button on the main registration page.
- When you get to the Class Search page, click the “Advanced Search” button
- Highlight “Chemistry” on the list
- Put the number “2” in the course number box, and hit return (or you can also scroll to the bottom and click the “Search Classes” button).
- This will bring up all the 200-level Chemistry classes offered fall term. Scroll down until you find course you want (232 or 233). For CH 232, select the hybrid section you want. For CH 233, choose one lecture and one recitation, and make note of the days and times for both. Please note that Chemistry usually has one or two recitations that are limited to Chemistry majors. If you see +520 in the restrictions box, that is a restricted section. Once you’ve identified your CH 2312hybrid class or your CH 233 lecture and recitation, scroll down until you find the 262 or 263 lab you want. Choose one of the labs and make sure it doesn’t conflict with the lecture and recitation you picked.
- Check the boxes next to you chosen lecture, recitation, and lab, and then scroll to the bottom and click register.
If you get stuck or get confused, you can also consult this website for assistance.