CORVALLIS, Ore. – The Oregon State University Board of Trustees will meet Friday, Jan. 20, to discuss Oregon State’s efforts to advance equity, inclusion and social justice; to receive an update on efforts to prepare for the 2017 Oregon legislative session; and to develop a vision statement for 2030.
Trustees will also consider a 10-year business forecast for the university; a framework to guide evaluation of investment policy change requests; amendments to the Public University Fund investment policy; an amendment to the OSU capital plan; and an adjustment in presidential compensation.
During the meeting, the board will hold an executive session pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(e) and 192.660(2)(h) to conduct deliberations with persons designated by the governing body to negotiate real property transactions and to consult with legal counsel in regard to current litigation or litigation likely to be filed.
A public comment period is provided at each board meeting. Commenters must sign up prior to the public comment period of the meeting. Commenters may register by e-mail before the meeting by contacting Marcia Stuart at email@example.com or may register at the meeting itself. There is also a public comment opportunity before the board votes on each action item listed on the board agenda.
The meeting is open to the public and will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Horizon Room of the Memorial Union, 2501 S.W. Jefferson Way on Oregon State’s Corvallis campus.
On Wednesday, Jan. 18, the Finance & Administration Committee of the board will meet from 3:30-6:30 p.m. in the Willamette Room of the CH2M Hill Alumni Center, 725 S.W. 26th St., Corvallis. The committee will review 2017-18 fiscal year tuition and budget scenarios. There will be an opportunity for public comment during this agenda item. Commenters may register by e-mail before the meeting by contacting Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org or may register at the meeting itself. In addition, the committee will discuss the university’s fiscal year 2016 financial statement analysis and financial metrics; consider the annual internal bank report; and consider an amendment to the university’s capital plan. The committee meeting is open to the public.
The following board committees will meet Thursday, Jan. 19, in the Horizon Room of the Memorial Union. These meetings are also open to the public:
· The Executive & Audit Committee will meet from 8-9:45 a.m. to review the Office of Audit Services charter and final progress report and audit plan. The committee will also consider an adjustment in presidential compensation and will discuss the university’s statement of mission, principles and core values.
· The Executive & Audit and Finance & Administration committees will hold a joint meeting from 9:45-10:30 a.m. to consider and approve the university’s fiscal year 2016 annual financial statements.
· The Finance & Administration and Academic Strategies committees will hold a joint meeting from 10:45-11:45 a.m. The committees will consider the university’s 10-year business forecast.
· The Academic Strategies Committee will meet from 12:15-3:15 p.m. to hear reports on OSU’s research enterprise; initiatives regarding student behavior, student housing and Corvallis community livability; OSU’s freedom of expression policies; and campus policies and practices regarding student protest. The committee will also consider a new academic program in geography and geospatial science, and will hear a status report on new and existing academic program reviews and accreditations in progress.
· The Finance & Administration Committee will meet from 3:15-5 p.m. to consider a framework to guide evaluation of investment policy change requests. The committee will also hear presentations on an athletics financial sustainability plan and on the 2017 legislative session.
The agendas and meeting materials will be posted as they are available at http://oregonstate.edu/leadership/trustees/meetings. The public can listen to the meetings by calling the toll-free number listed on the agendas.
If special accommodation is required, please contact Stuart at 541-737-3449 or email@example.com at least 72 hours in advance.