CORVALLIS, Ore. – Oregon State University today began an international search for a vice president and chief diversity officer.
The chief diversity officer will be the senior official responsible for guiding OSU’s efforts around institutional diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice and access for all of the university’s campuses, Extension offices, experiment stations and centers. Angela Batista presently serves as Oregon State’s interim chief diversity officer.
The 19-member search committee will be chaired by Sastry Pantula, dean of the OSU College of Science. It will work with the assistance of Spelman Johnson, a global search firm.
“A more diverse, welcoming and inclusive educational environment is critical to all of OSU’s most important goals, in teaching, research and public service,” Pantula said. “Oregon State is committed to greater institutional diversity, not just in our teaching and research but in how we engage and serve communities in Oregon, nationally and globally.”
The vice president and chief diversity officer will provide leadership in strategic planning, education, research, community relations, outreach, communications, campus climate, and policy development, Pantula said.
Other members of the search committee include:
- Cindy Alexis, business and finance analyst in Budget and Fiscal Planning, and committee representative for Faculty Senate administrative appointments
- Aracely Arredondo, accountant with University Administration Business Center
- Adrian Borycki, an OSU student
- Michelle Bothwell, associate professor of bioengineering
- Susan Capalbo, senior vice provost for academic affairs
- Donna Chastain, acting chief human resources officers and director of Workplace Solutions
- Steve Clark, vice president for University Relations and Marketing
- Allison Davis-White Eyes, assistant provost and director of the Center for Cultural Engagement
- Jennifer Dennis, vice provost and dean of the Graduate School
- Rebecca Gose, general counsel
- Mark Hoffman, vice provost for International Programs
- Namagoba Elizabeth Kaweesa, president of Black Graduate Student Association
- Anesat Leon-Guerrero, ASOSU executive director of Diversity Programs
- Andrea McDaniel, executive assistant to the provost and liaison to Spelman Johnson
- Janet Nishihara, director of OSU’s Educational Opportunities Program
- Robin Pappas, instructional innovation program manager for Information Services, and search advocate
- Dwaine Plaza, professor in the School of Public Policy
- Clay Simmons, chief compliance officer and interim executive director of Equal Opportunity and Access at OSU.