CORVALLIS, Ore. – As part of its Homecoming festivities, the Oregon State University Alumni Association will honor six alumni fellows and one distinguished young alumna at a celebration on Friday, Oct. 23, beginning at 5 p.m., at the CH2M HILL Alumni Center on the OSU campus.
The 2015 alumni fellows, and the OSU colleges they represent, are:
- Laura Anderson, a 2000 graduate representing the College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences. The Newport resident is president and owner of Local Ocean Seafoods, and is a consultant in marine resources management.
- Penny Reher, a 1982 graduate representing the College of Pharmacy. She lives in Corvallis and is chief pharmacy officer for Samaritan Health Services.
- Tom Skoro, a 1981 graduate representing the College of Engineering. He lives in Vancouver, Washington, and is senior vice president of Peter Kiewit Sons’ Inc.
- Tom Toomey, a 1982 graduate representing the College of Business. He lives in Evergreen, Colorado, and is CEO of UDR, a multifamily real estate investment trust.
- Dave Underriner, a 1981 graduate of the College of Forestry, representing the College of Public Health and Human Sciences. He lives in West Linn and is Oregon regional chief executive for Providence Health & Services.
- Mary Carlin Yates, a 1968 graduate representing the College of Liberal Arts. She lives in Vancouver, Washington, is a former U.S. ambassador to Ghana and has received appointments from three U.S. presidents.
The 2015 Young Alumni Award recipient is D'Anna Foster, a 2009 graduate representing the College of Business, the College of Public Health and Human Sciences, the University Honors College and the OSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. A former star Beaver gymnast (as D’Anna Piro), she lives in Portland and is manager of Direct to Consumer Strategy at Nike.
A social and program to honor the recipients begins at 5 p.m., Oct. 23. Tickets are $30 for OSUAA members, $35 for nonmembers and $15 for students
To register or find more information on the awards event, or to learn more about other Homecoming events, visit osualum.com/homecoming or call, toll-free, 877-OSTATER (877-678-2837).
The OSUAA established the alumni fellows program in 1988 to help OSU colleges recognize their eminent alumni. Honorees have distinguished themselves in their professions and communities. The young alumni award was established in 2006 to recognize alumni 35 or younger whose exceptional achievements have brought credit to the university.