CORVALLIS, Ore. – Hundreds of relatives of Oregon State University students will visit Corvallis Nov. 6-8 for the annual Dad’s & Family Weekend celebration that this year will feature a comedy show, open houses, tours and athletic events among the highlights.
Many activities are free and open to the public during the weekend, in which OSU students are encouraged to invite family members for a campus visit. Some events, including a Friday night comedy show, an OSU Beaver football game against UCLA, and a golf tournament will charge and/or require advance ticket purchases.
For a complete Dad's and Family Weekend schedule or ticket information, see the Web site at http://sli.oregonstate.edu/feature-story/dads-family-weekend, or call the OSU Memorial Union Program Council at 541-737-6872.
Activities begin Friday morning and continue through Sunday. The campus Memorial Union is the focal point for many events. Among the weekend events:
Friday, Nov. 6
- 1-5 p.m. - Golf Tournament: Trysting Tree Golf Course - $80/team of two (OSU students + family members). Sign-up at Recreation Services in Dixon 541-737-3736;
- 2-5 p.m.- Welcome Table: Come find out about all the events and activities happening during Dads & Family Weekend. Purchase shirts, pint glasses and meet MUPC staff. Table will be located at the entrance of the Memorial Union Lounge;
- 3-5 p.m. – College open houses: Various open houses in colleges and departments. (see link above for details);
- 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.- Comedy Show: Featuring co-headliners Myq Kaplan & Dan Cummins at LaSells Stewart Center. Tickets available here!
Saturday, Nov. 7
- 9 a.m.to 1 p.m. - Oregon State Flying Club Open House: OSU students can bring their dad or family members and go for a ride in one of OSU’s Flying Club’s airplanes. Airplane rides will be $20 per person with complimentary burgers. Rides between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at KVCO (Corvallis Municipal Airport). For more information or directions contact Nathaniel Osterberg at 541-975-3882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- 9 a.m. to noon - Challenge the Dads: Dads Weekend Challenge Course Day: $20 for OSU Students, OSU community, and family members. Sign up at the Adventure Leadership Institute in Dixon Recreation Center, 541-737-4254;
- 9:30 a.m. to noon - Dads & Family Weekend Brunch: Located in the Memorial Union Lounge. Ticket prices $12/plate, sold at the door only;
- 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.- Dads Weekend Whitewater Rafting: Raft trip on the North Santiam River. $50 for OSU students, OSU community, and family members. Sign up at the Adventure Leadership Institute in Dixon Recreation Center, 541-737-4254;
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Car Show: Featuring members from the Corvallis Historic Auto Club, and the Willamette Valley Vintage Chevrolet Club of America. Located in the Memorial Union Quad.
- 1:30 p.m. - OSU vs UCLA Football: Located at Reser Stadium.
Sunday, Nov. 8
- 8 a,m. to noon - TriHOP Pancake Breakfast in the Memorial Union ballroom, hosted by Delta Delta Delta Sorority. Tickets will be sold for $5 presale through any Delta Delta Delta member, and $7 at the door. Proceeds benefit St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital;
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. - OSU Athletic Facility Tours: Tours led by OSU student athletes. Tours (max of 25 people) leave every half hour. Meet outside Reser Stadium on Parker Plaza (next to the big football). Disclaimer: No locker or training rooms will be toured to protect privacy of OSU athletes.