CORVALLIS, Ore. – Oregon State University will thump with the pulsing beat of the rumba and swing with the fast pace of the paso doble on May 30, when Dancing with the OSU Stars returns to LaSells Stewart Center.
The annual event pairs OSU students, faculty and staff with local ballroom dance professionals in a dance-off, competing for the Mirror Ball trophy. The event runs from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
This year's OSU Stars and their dances are:
- Ilene Kleinsorge, dean of the College of Business, waltz
- Kevin Gatimu, African Students Association, samba
- Wenmin Wang, INTO OSU, West Coast swing
- Luke Kawasaki, Pride Center, paso doble
- Ann Asbell, director of Physical Activity Course program, country 2-step
- Lauren Greenlees, president of Kappa Kappa Gamma, rumba
- Eric Alexander, director of Student Leadership & Involvement, Charleston
- Chelsea Buckland, former Canadian soccer Olympian, cha cha
Tickets will be sold at Women’s Building Room 007I or Langton Hall Room 123. They’ll also be available Monday-Friday in the Memorial Union Quad from May 20-30. They are $5 for students, $8 general admission. They’ll also be available at the door the night of the event.
The event is on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/489520944446855/?fref=ts
For photos from the 2011 event: http://www.flickr.com/photos/oregonstateuniversity/sets/72157626467769499/