CORVALLIS, Ore. – Hundreds of fathers of Oregon State University students will visit Corvallis Oct. 27-29 for the annual Dad’s Weekend celebration that this year will feature tours, tournaments and athletic events among the highlights.
Many activities are free and open to the public during the weekend, in which OSU students are encouraged to invite family members for a campus visit. Some events, including a Friday night comedy show, an OSU Beaver football game against the University of Southern California, and the “Super Dad's Dinner,” will charge and/or require advance ticket purchases.
For a complete Dad's Weekend schedule or ticket information, see the Web site at http://osumu.org/events_dad.htm, or call the OSU Memorial Union Program Council at 541-737-6872.
Activities begin Friday morning and continue through Sunday. The campus Memorial Union is the focal point for many events.
Among the events scheduled are:
Friday, Oct. 27
- All day: Valley Library self-guided tours.
- 10 a.m.: Pottery sale, Memorial Union Student Lounge, through 3 p.m.
- 1 p.m.: Craft Center, dads admitted free with OSU student member, through 10 p.m.
- 2 p.m.: Intramural Golf Tournament, Trysting Tree. Entry deadline is Wed. Oct. 25. For information, call 541-737-4083.
- 4 p.m.: Welcome Dad, event information, souvenir sales, MU Concourse through 5:30 p.m.
- 5 p.m.: Super Dad Dinner, CH2M-Hill Alumni Center, $19.
- 6:30 p.m.: Comedy Show: Frank Caliendo, LaSells Stewart Center, encore performance at 9 p.m. Tickets start at $32.
Saturday, Oct. 28
- All day: Dads admitted free to Dixon Recreation Center when accompanied by an OSU student; Valley Library self-guided tours; McKenzie River raft trip. Rafters must sign-up in advance by calling 541-737-3736. Tickets are $45 for students and $32.50 for dads.
- 9 a.m.: Dad & I photos, MU Room 109, $10 per photo, through 4 p.m.
- 10 a.m.: Art exhibit, Fairbanks Hall.
- 10 a.m.: Tours of Radiation Center, through noon.
- 10 a.m.: Fifteen-minute upper back massage, sign-up in MU Room 103, $12, through 4 p.m.
- 11 a.m.: Craft Center, dads free with OSU student member, through 5 p.m.
- 9 p.m.: Rock and glow bowling for dads and students, MU Recreation Center, through midnight.
Sunday, Oct. 29
- All day: Dads admitted free to Dixon Recreation Center when accompanied by an OSU student; Valley Library self-guided tours.
- 11 a.m.: Craft Center, dads free with student member, through 5 p.m.