CORVALLIS - The College of Liberal Arts at Oregon State University has honored its top faculty and staff with a series of awards and other honors.
- Karen Thayer, office coordinator for the Department of Political Science, received the Carolyn Maresh Professional Staff Award.
- Mark Edwards, assistant professor of sociology, received the ECLAT Faculty Development Award.
- Linc Kesler, professor of English, received the C. Warren Hovland Service Award for service to the college, the university and the community. He was cited for helping to create the Indian Education Office and a model for OSU's Department of Ethnic Studies.
- Steven W. Hackel, assistant professor of history, received the Bill Wilkins Faculty Development Award.
- Brent Steel, professor of political science, received the college's Researcher of the Year award. He has been involved in working with national youth groups on election platforms and issues.
- Courtney S. Campbell, professor of philosophy, received the Thomas R. Meehan Excellence in Teaching Award for contributions to undergraduate instruction.
- Marlan Carlson, professor and chair of the Department of Music, received the College of Liberal Arts Advisory Council Excellence Award for contributions to research and scholarship, teaching and service.