CORVALLIS - The Oregon State University Department of Crop and Soil Science invites the public to attend its Monday afternoon seminars this fall quarter, beginning Sept. 27. All seminars will be at 4 p.m. in Crop Science Building, Room 122, at S.W. 30th and Jefferson Streets on the OSU Campus. Parking permits can be obtained in Room 107, Crop Science Building, on the day of the seminar.
The seminar series after Sept. 27 is as follows:
- Oct. 4 - Corey Guza, graduate student with Carol Mallory-Smith (CSS campus) and Corey Rasnom, Malheur Experiment Station, on "The Development of Herbicide Resistant Sugar Beets."
- Oct. 11 - William Young, OSU Extension Seed Crops Specialist, on "The Oregon Seed Industry's Market Development Activities in China."
- Oct. 18 - Jeff McMorran, Lower Umatilla River Basin Irrigated Crops agent, on "Control of Aphids and Weevils in Canola."
- Nov. 8 - Matt Schuster, graduate student with Carol Mallory-Smith, on "My summer vacation: a tour of agriculture in Northern California."
- Nov. 15 - Kelli Camara, graduate student with Bill Payne, on "Implementation of CREP Programs and Use of GPS for Monitoring and Assessment in Dryland Farms
- Nov. 22 - Jantasuriyarat Chatchawan, graduate student with Oscar Riera-Lizarazu, on "Using Resistance Gene Analogs for Crop Improvement."
- Nov. 29 - Mary Schutter, graduate student with Richard Dick, on "Microbial Communities of Vegetable Crop Soils: Impacts of Winter Cover Cropping and Subsequent Changes in Soil Quality.