2009 Calendar of Events
Events lasting ALL MONTH
Jamba Juice, located at 2001 NW Monroe Avenue, is offering 20% of procedes in the month of February that can go to the Linn Benton Food Share! All you have to do is mention the Food Drive or the Food Share when making a purchase and their cash register system will ear mark 20% to be given at the end of the month. But you have to tell them that you want this to happen! Thanks Jamba Juice for helping to Feed the Need!
Have you collected food at your event and want to get it in the hands of the needy as soon as possible? OSU Motor Pool is offering a food collection location for the entire month of February. That's right, just pull under their awning (located at 3200 Campus Way) between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday - Friday, and they will even unload it for you! Weigh in and receipts are available. *Regular Campus Freight pickups will still be available during the second half of the drive.*
College of Forestry - Quilt raffle tickets on sale.
Mechanical and General Engineering - Small bags of popcorn will be available for students/faculty/staff to buy for $0.50 / bag. All proceeds go to The OSU Food Drive.
Mechanical and General Engineering - Pie and Goodie Raffle, Dearborn 102. If you haven't yet had the opportunity to taste Gary Bomtrager's delicious desserts, then you don't know what you're missing! We will be selling raffle tickets for $1 throughout the month of February. We will determine who the two lucky winners are on Friday, 2/27. The drawing will take place in the Faculty/Staff lounge.
College of Forestry Quilt Raffle - There are two quilts to choose from! $1 for one ticket, or 6 tickets for $5. Tickets are available at the Helpdesk in Peavy 222 through February 25.
Events for the Week of February 2
Feb 3 - College of Forestry Bake Sale (location: Richardson Hall, 2nd Floor Knuckle, brought to you by FERM)
Feb 4 - College of Forestry Soup Lunch (location: Richardson Hall, 2nd Floor Knuckle, brought to you by FES)
- Libraries Soup Lunch (location: The Valley Library Staff Lounge, $5)
Feb 4 through 6 - College of Forestry Book Sale (location: Richardson Hall, 1st Floor Knuckle)
Events for the Week of February 9
Feb 9 - (and continuing until March 13) View the baby lambs for a can of food! Several hundred lambs will be born over the next month at OSU's Sheep Center. The public can view the ewes and lambs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays and weekends. Groups of 12 or more should arrange an appointment by contacting the lambing barn or by calling 737-2903. Food donations will be accepted at the door. To reach the center from downtown Corvallis, go west on Harrison Boulevard to the 53rd Street intersection. Continue west through the intersection on NW Oak Creek Drive . A sign 1.8 miles from the intersection marks the road to the center. The one-lane road has turnouts to yield to oncoming traffic.
Feb 10 - Statstics Department and College of Science, Dean's Office Soup and Bread Buffet (location 128 Kidder Hall, 11:30 - 1:30, $5 for all you can eat, Questions? call Connie 7-3366)
Feb 11 - College of Forestry Soup Lunch (location: Richardson Hall, 2nd Floor Knuckle, brought to you by Admin)
Feb 12 - Libraries Crock-pot-luck (location: The Valley Library Staff Lounge, $5
- Tasty Treats Silent Auction and Bake Sale (location: Crop Science Building Conference Room 119, 9:00 - 4:00)
Feb 13 - College of Forestry Valentine's Day Silent Auction (location: Richardson Hall, 2nd Floor Knuckle, brought to you by Business Office)
- Handmade Gifts (Biochemistry and Biophysics department, Contact Jill Wait 7-4490)
Events for the Week of February 16
Feb 16 - Danish Pancakes (Karplus Lab, Biochemistry and Biophisics)
Feb 17 - Coffee Break (Microbiology, 1st floor Nash Foyer, 7:30 a.m. until sold out)
Feb 18 - College of Forestry Soup Lunch (location: Richardson Hall, 2nd Floor Knuckle, brought to you by FERM)
- Libraries Super Sale - rummage, books, CD's, DVD's, kitty boutique and silend auction (location: Willamette Classrooms, 9:00 - 4:00)
Feb 20 - College of Forestry Student Services Event (location: Richardson Hall, 2nd Floor Knuckle)
- Mechanical and General Engineering hosts thehe soup contest and you could be crowned the next king or queen of soup! Soup savvy faculty & staff bring their tasty soup concoctions to share (we will need no more than 10 participants for this.) Other faculty/staff can bring some bread, a dessert, or other tasty side items that go well with soup. We will ask faculty/staff to contribute $5 for their lunch that day. Here's the contest part – Each soup “entry” will have a jar placed in front of it. Once the soup goers have had a chance to sample and enjoy, they place their $5 in the glass jar that corresponds with their favorite soup. The jar with the most money at the end of the event wins! The winner will receive $10 in Dutch Bro's cash and a chance to wear the coveted “royal soup crown”! Anyone who participates or attends the soup contest will have a chance to enter a drawing for a $10 Café Yumm gift card or $10 in Dutch Bro's cash!!
Events for the Week of February 23
Feb 23 - College of Forestry Dessert Bake-Off (location: Richardson Hall, 2nd Floor Knuckle)
Feb 24 - Libraries Mardi Gras Party and Potluck ($5)
- Zoology's Hot Dog and Chili Lunch (location Zoology Office, 3029 Cordley, 11:30 - 1:30 )
Feb 25 - College of Forestry Soup Lunch and Quilt Raffle Drawing (location: Richardson Hall, 2nd Floor Knuckle, brought to you by WSE)
- Business Affairs Silent Auction (B100 Kerr Conference Room, 2:00 - 4:00)
Feb 26 - Tasty Treats II Silent Auction and Bake Sale (Ag and Life Science Building Rm. 3017, 9:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Feb 27 - College of Forestry IFSA International Lunch (location: Richardson Hall, 2nd Floor Knuckle)
- Ice Cream Social and Raffle Drawing (Biochemistry and Biophysics department)
To submit an event for posting on this calendar, please contact Shelly Signs.
- Food Drive
- How to Help
- Fundraising Ideas and Information
- Calendar of Events
- Food Drive Blog
- Governor's State Employees Food Drive
- Linn Benton Food Share
- Oregon Food Bank