You are not logged in [Login
Core Curriculum for OSU Managers and Supervisors
- Offered 3 times per year as a 2-day classroom program preceded by prerequisite online training.The OSU Core Curriculum is designed to strengthen knowledge and skill competencies essential to providing effective management and a common vision for state and university service. OSU's Core Curriculum focuses on three areas of competency:
1. State and University Service
Act according to the values and ethics of state and university service. Promote and foster an environment reflecting these values in a higher education institution. This includes aligning mission, ethics and practice.
2. Performance Management
Create a work environment that enables employees to do their best; meet legal requirements, communicate effectively and work through conflict; develop clear work goals; recognize and reward good performance; work through performance problems, and continue to develop employees.
3. Worklife Management
Maintain an open, safe, accessible and considerate work environment; recognize and value the differences each employee contributes; ensure a work environment free of discrimination or harassment; and seek opportunities for diversity, affirmative action and inclusion in daily work activities.
- Professional & Organizational Effectiveness
- Human Resources
- OSU and Extension Faculty and Staff
- Up to 16 hours of prerequisite online training through the OSU Blackboard Learning Portal. Your confirmation will include a syllabus and instructions to access online training programs. These must be completed before the 2-day classroom program begins.The 2 day program is from 8:00-5:00 daily.
- Additional Information
- Your e-mail confirmation contains important information! Please read carefully.