All academic, administrative and research units must obtain permission prior to using Oregon State's name or marks on products. Please send all requests and designs to Trademark Licensing. All items, whether used internally or as giveaways, must be produced by a licensed vendor.
- All university logos, wordmarks and verbiage require the appropriate trademark registrations.
- Logos need to be seen in their entirety and should not be covered, layered or used as background images.
- All university logos, wordmarks and verbiage cannot be green or yellow or appear on green or yellow garments (select camouflage patterns are acceptable and subject to approval).
- Unique logos are not allowed for any academic, administrative or research units, without exception. Use of unique typographic or pictorial logos undermines efforts to build a unified Oregon State brand.
- Stylized, cartoon or hand drawn images of a beaver are not permitted.
- Verbiage cannot be used in a slanted font as it is not consistent with the university's branding.
- Parody designs are not permitted. All artwork should be original.
- The Trademark Licensing Program reserves the right to deny any designs that do not represent the university positively.
- Ensure the design meets all guidelines
- Submit artwork to Trademark Licensing for approval prior to production
- Use one of the approved licensed vendors
Departments can use the following Oregon State logos and verbiage in the their materials and products.
The following logos cannot be used by departments. Athletic marks are reserved for use by the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and its entities. Further, the University Seal is strictly reserved for use by the Office of the President and the Office of the Provost. Reproduction of the seal is restricted to scholarly, ceremonial or presidential purposes such as Commencement programs and university diplomas.