What are Clickers?
Clickers, also known as audience response sytems are wireless hand-held devices used to conduct student participation in the classroom, often to credit attendance and measure understanding. The instructor poses questions via a slide during the lecture and students respond by entering their answer on their clicker device. The device transmits the entry to a receiver attached to the instructor's computer which gathers and compiles the data into a chart. This chart can be instantly displayed on screen, along with the correct answer choice. This provides both student and instructor with valuable real time feedback.
OSU uses the Turning Technologies QT ResponseCard NXT as its official clicker. In addition to standard clicker features the newer model QT Device comes with a full ergonomic QWERTY keyboard for easy text input.
Why Turning Technologies?
Check out the Clicker Assessment to find out more about the process used in chosing Turning Technologies as the officially supported clicker of OSU.
What does TAC provide?
- One-on-one training sessions (please contact us).
- Online training and webinars.
- In class and out of class support to ensure your success using clickers.
Where Do I Start?
Information about downloading and installing the TurningPoint software is located on our Getting Started with TurningPoint Cloud page.
If you are interested in using clickers in your class, please contact us. TAC provides both online and live in-person support for clickers as well as a free teacher pack and introductory workshop to get you started. TAC will attend your first class (or couple of classes) at the beginning of a new term to ensure you have success and assist any students that need help.
- TAC's TurningPoint Cloud Instructor User Guide [pdf]
- TAC's TurningPoint Cloud PowerPoint Instructor Guide [pdf]
- Best Practices: Writing Fill in the Blank/Short Answer Questions [pdf]
- Best Practice: Writing Multiple Choice Questions [pdf]
- Turning Technologies - The official Turning Technologies website.