This position will help OSU become e-Stewards certified for electronic waste disposal by April 2015 (E-Stewards is a standard that is recognized worldwide for organizations who dispose of electronics responsibly). The position will also assess the current processes used for processing e-waste at OSU and make recommendations for improvements.
This position is funded through a Wage Grant from the Student Sustainability Initiative, but the employee will work at the Property Services Building at 644 SW 13th Street and report to the Warehouse Coordinator.
- Identifying the qualification requirements for e-Stewards.
- Evaluating OSU’s current vendors’ certifications and qualifications for e-Stewards certification.
- Completing time studies on dismantling computers.
- Researching and identifying vendors for computer components and raw materials.
- Identifying space and tool requirements needed for disassembling computers.
- Outlining safety issues and resolutions for disassembling computers.
- Presenting to Materials Management proposals for alternative e-waste recycling options.
The student will start work near the beginning of fall term 2014 in late September and work 10-20 hours/week on weekdays 8 am-5 pm through the end of fall term in December (it is possible the employee could continue working beyond that date in a different role). Starting pay is $9.50/hr. The successful applicant may earn academic credits if allowable by their academic department.
Applications are due August 8th. For job requirements and application instructions, please visit Campus Recycling’s website.