Campus Recycling is hiring for one Student Program Assistant to join its outreach team! This is a brand new student position.
The position will assist with planning, implementing and assessing Campus Recycling programs and events.
Assist with planning, implementing and assessing recycling programs and services such as the “All in the Hall” hallway recycling pilot, residence hall composting program, the production and placement of new signage and branding on campus, zero waste strategizing with Athletics, and other programs as they arise. Duties include:
- Designing pilot programs, including data collection and assessment plans
- Collecting and tracking data
- Analyzing and summarizing data
- Researching recycling-related information and products, and summarizing findings, in writing or verbally
- Setting up program materials such as bins, signage, etc.
- Conducting waste audits
- Scheduling and participating in planning meetings
Event Coordination Assistance:
- Scheduling recycling presentations by contacting organizations and coordinating with speakers (staff and volunteers); co-present as needed
- Coordinating communication and logistics for events, such as Earth Week Community Fair booth registrants, Res. Hall Donation Drive recipients, etc.
- Staffing recycling booths and events
- Assisting the Marketing and Development Coordinator and Student Outreach Assistant with event planning and marketing tasks
The successful applicant will start in December 2013 and work 12-15 hours per week. Applications are due December 5th.
For job requirements and application instructions, please visit Campus Recycling’s website.