CAR FREE DAY is Sunday, September 22!
Take the Car Free Day Pledge at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CarFreeDay2013
12:30 pm – Group Bike Rides
Meet at one of these neighborhood gathering points to ride together to the Car Free Day Festival at Riverfront Park:
- Lincoln School
- Starker Arts Park
- Benton County Fairgrounds
- Chintimini Park/Senior Center
- Osborn Aquatic Center
- Cheldelin Middle School
- Hoover Elementary School
Bike safety checks will be offered prior to the ride, and group leaders will take the groups on designated routes leading to the festival.
1 pm to 4 pm – Car Free Day Festival: A Family Friendly Event
Come on down to Riverfront Park (1st Street, between Monroe and Jackson) and join in the fun!
- Lots of great food, games, and exhibits
- Music by Matt Neely’s Vintage Swing Trio and by Absolute Harmony, featuring CHS teacher Julie Williams
- Bike Swap Meet, organized by the Corvallis Bicycle Collective – donate, consign, and/or purchase a bike
- A bike parade, led by the Derby Dames, going from Riverfront Park to the Skate Park for a bike polo demonstration at 4:00
Help spread the word at https://www.facebook.com/events/611853565522072/
Sponsors of Car Free Day in Corvallis are Corvallis Sustainability Coalition, City of Corvallis, Cascades West Rideshare, Corvallis Bicycle Collective, Corvallis Clinic, Corvallis Farmers’ Market, Cycle Solutions, First Alternative Natural Foods Co-op, First United Methodist Church Natural Step Ministry, Footwise, Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Oregon State University, Peak Sports, Play It Again Sports, Republic Services, Safe Routes to School, SoupCycle, and 350 Corvallis.