Attention Oregon State University Undergrads!
Energize Corvallis is now hiring Fall Public Outreach Interns to work on their Communities and Campuses take charge program. The internship gives students the opportunity to receive 3-12 OSU Internship credits as well as valuable work experience, and the chance to strengthen their resume.
The application deadline is August 15th, and the position will begin on August 26th in Corvallis. The application can be found here.
As an intern for the Communities/Campuses Take Charge program through Energize Corvallis, you will be a part of a fun and successful organization of professionals with a passion for environmental conservation. Those applying should have an interest or background in sustainability as well as a general love for talking and meeting new people. Interns will be responsible for going door-to-door promoting Campuses and Communities Take Charge, as well as tabling at public outreach and engagement events. However, interns will never be required to sell any items or ask for donations from community members. While the internship is unpaid, along with academic credits, interns will receive promotional materials such as an Energize Corvallis shirt and water bottle.
Energize Corvallis is willing to work around a student’s class schedule. For information on academic credit and hours click here.
- No prior experience is necessary, rather willingness to learn and passion for the field.
- Candidates must be 18 years or older
- Candidates must be available for a half-day training session on August 26th from 12-5pm
- Clean criminal background check
- Interns must attend training and participate in weekly meetings
- Candidates must be able to enter data into database proficiently
- Inters must be comfortable with talking to members of the community on topics such as environmental and energy conservation
For more information on the responsibilities of a Public Outreach intern, as well as an example of a daily schedule, check out the complete job description here.