We want to know what YOU want to see happen for RecycleMania 2013 (Jan 20 – March 30)!
RecycleMania is a 10-week competition for U.S. college and university recycling programs to see who can recycle the most! OSU competes both nationally, as well as locally in the RecycleMania Civil War, created by OSU and the UO in 2010 (which OSU has won three years running). Our trophy is pictured at right.
Campus Recycling partners with other organizations on campus with the goal of offering at least one activity per week – activities meant to educate and excite OSU about recycling so we can boost our numbers both during the competition and year-round!
What activities would you like to see happen? Below is a list of ideas we are considering. Leave a comment below with your opinion on these ideas and to add your own!
- A display in the MU Quad representing how much trash we produce at OSU, along with informative displays about recycling and the competition.
- Construct a sculpture out or reused materials, as we have done the past two years, this one made out of film plastic in the shape of a jellyfish. Use as a visual and educational tool about plastics recycling and pollution.
- Monthly Repair Fairs similar to those offered fall term.
- A reused craft night with various projects, geared toward Valentine’s Day gifts.
- An e-waste recycling collection event.
- A film plastic recycling collection event.
- A dumpster audit to see what we’re throwing away on campus.
- A residence hall competition based on per capita recycling, for 3-4 weeks.
- Special OSUsed Store sales.
Do you have feedback on any of these ideas or have your own to contribute? We are especially interested in what activities you would like to see offered that relate to composting.
Please comment below!