The OSU Sustainability Office is recruiting a student employee with transportation-related experience to research and implement alternative transportation projects and staff several committees. The successful candidate should have some knowledge of basic transportation demand management principles and will work 20-40 hours per week during summer and 10-20 hours per week during the academic year, working on the following:
- Implement alternative transportation and transportation demand management (TDM) programs and projects
- Support various transportation-related committees:
- OSU Alternative Transportation Advisory Committee
- City/OSU Collaboration traffic and parking workgroup
- OSU Sustainability Advisory Council
- Administer the Drive Less Connect carpool match system for OSU including:
- Marketing and outreach to build community awareness and use of the system
- Technical and customer support for system users
- Incentives and awards programs
- Support OSU units’ efforts around marketing and outreach around alternative transportation:
- Transit and Parking Services
- University Relations and Marketing
- Campus Planning
Hourly pay is $11.00 with periodic wage reevaluation. Employment begins summer 2012. Preference will be given to applicants with availability through at least spring 2013.
To apply send a concise cover letter and resume to email@example.com by midnight, Saturday, June 30. In your cover letter, list why you are interested in the position and your skills and experience related to the bulleted items in this position announcement.