OSU’s Student Sustainability Initiative is currently recruiting for Fee Board members! Members are volunteer voting members who are collectively responsible for the advancement, effectiveness, health, and longevity of the SSI. As the governing body of the SSI, the Board is charged with responsible expenditure of student fee funds and strategic planning of the organization. They are accountable to and work closely with the Fee Board Chair, as well as each other.
- Further the SSI’s mission
- Assist in the long-term planning and development of the program
- Attend an average of two (2) SSI Fee Board meetings per month during the academic year as a voting member
- Attend SSI staff meetings approximately once per month during the academic year, or as requested
- Ensure consistent and effective communication with the each other, the Fee Board Chair, the OSU Sustainability Coordinator and SSI staff
- Assist in budget development for the subsequent year
- Assist in grant project selection and the grant allocation process
- Assist in promotion and management of the Sustainable Energy Revolving Loan Fund
- Assist in formulating, tracking, and report performance metrics for the SSI and progress toward SSI organizational goals
- Be available ~5 hours/month September – June, and maintain at least email contact with the Board Chair June – September.
Serving as a Board Member is a great way to be part of a forward-looking organization and gain real world, resume-building experience with a governance structure that is common in many sectors. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume addressed to the SSI Search Committee by emailing them to the Fee Board Chair. Application deadline: 11:59 PM, May 4th, 2012.