OSU’s WeCar program is an efficient, convenient and cost-effective car-sharing program for the OSU community. Whether you are a student, staff, or faculty member, WeCar is there for your travel needs. Members just fill out rental orders online and pick up cars right from the center of campus!
It’s easy to become a member, especially since application fees are currently waived. Students and faculty/staff can register online, or first see how inexpensive WeCar actually is for students and for staff/faculty.
OSU WeCar facts
- WeCar provides students a solution to traditional car rental age restrictions, and financial and logistical concerns associated with having a vehicle on campus. It also allows students to leave their cars at home and provides faculty with transportation during the work day.
- Members have 24-hour vehicle access and can reserve a vehicle online at any time.
- Fuel efficient vehicles – two Prius hybrids – are used for the program. And Enterprise is in the process of adding a 3rd car to the program.
- WeCar helps enhance OSU’s sustainability initiatives, and can take cars off the road to alleviate parking and traffic congestion on campus.
- WeCar is supported by the Enterprise Rent-A-Car neighborhood network of more than 5,500 branches located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population. The local Rent-A-Car branch at 1414 NW 9th St. in Corvallis helps support the WeCars on campus.
Dedication to Sustainability at Enterprise
Enterprise has goals to reduce its carbon footprint and resource consumption, and to increase the amount of alternative-fuel vehicles and electric vehicles in its fleet. Enterprise also invests in renewable fuels research that focuses on using algae to develop third-generation biofuels that someday could be used on a large scale to power vehicles and aircraft.
Check it out and sign-up to WeCar today!