Are you a Corvallis resident with possible energy efficiency upgrades? If so, now is the time to act!
The City of Corvallis has low-interest loans of $2,500 to $10,000 for energy efficiency projects, but funds are only
available through December 31, 2011. Energize Corvallis will host an event on Wednesday, October 19 at 7:00 at the South Co-op Community Meeting Room where you can learn more about the Saving Energy Loan Fund (SELF) and get personalized, one-on-one assistance from a volunteer Energy Advocate.
Multiple efficiency projects may be bundled into a single loan. Interest rates vary depending on the loan amount, with the loan paid back over five years. Qualifying projects include:
- WEATHERIZATION (floor, wall, and ceiling insulation; duct testing and sealing; duct insulation; and air testing and sealing)
- SPACE HEATING (high-efficiency heat pump, high-efficiency gas furnace)
- WATER HEATING (electric heat pump water heater, tankless gas water heater, solar water heating system, dishwasher)
- SOLAR ELECTRIC (installed in conjunction with another qualifying project)
- SELF is made possible by a collaboration of the City of Corvallis, the Corvallis Environmental Center, and the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition.
The Saving Energy Loan Fund (SELF) is was started with federal funds, which means it brings money into our community. The SELF is a collaborative project between the City of Corvallis, the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition, and the Corvallis Environmental Center. Cassandra Robertson, who has helped promote the SELF, says “This program is exciting because when the loans are paid back in a few years, the City will be able to loan them out again for more home efficiency upgrades. So by taking a SELF loan now, residents can help keep the fund in our community for decades to come.”
For more information, visit EnergizeCorvallis.org or call 541-758-NRGY.