- Student Conduct Code
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- University Policies
- Request a Presentation
- Parents and Family
- Violation Statistics
- Forms for Reporting
Contact InformationStudent Conduct and Community Standards
B058 Kerr Administration
Corvallis, OR 97331
1. Your final exam is fast approaching and you still have not had much time to review the material. Your friend took the same course last term and did well. Since you plan on looking at the material when you have chance, would it be okay to ask your friend to take the test for you now?
- The point of any test is to see what you have or have not learned. The grade you receive is generally based upon your knowledge of the subject and/or how well you could explain an idea. Therefore, a grade is what you received because of how hard you worked, what you learned, because you worked hard. Not because you had a “smart friend.”
- A grade is a reward (or consequence) for the hours you studied.
- If you work 40 hours a week, and your friend works 20 hours a week, and at the end of the week your friend gets your 40 hours/week pay check, and you get their 20 hours/week paycheck, would that be okay?