“Cultivating Every-day and Emerging Leaders”
The Student Affairs Educator’s Forum (SAEF) is open to all members of the Division of Student Affairs who seek to advance their effectiveness as co-curricular educators. SAEF will:
- Empower co-curricular educators to make the greatest possible contributions to the division’s strategic priorities.
- Serve as a “think tank” for key strategic issues brought forward by the vice provost and divisional leadership, and provide feedback and insight for ongoing development and implementation of the division’s strategic plan.
- Deliver the division-wide learning agenda in alignment with the strategic plan priorities.
- Create connection and community across the division, and foster cross-pollination of ideas and shared purpose.
2016–17 SAEF Meetings
- July 15, 2016, all-day retreat | Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn Event Center, Lebanon
Dr. David Surratt, associate dean of students at UC Berkeley, will deepen our understanding of student activism through the lenses of social justice and student development. Events on campuses nationally and at OSU clearly point to a new era of student activism linked to broader societal dynamics around identity and social class.
- Sept. 9, 2016, 8–10:30 a.m. | MU Ballroom
This SAEF event will explore how — as a division — we must shift our thinking toward our strategic priorities for the greater good of the division and the students we serve. We will review our strategic goals and division-wide initiatives, and discuss next steps as we move forward in support of student success and transformative learning.