- About the SSI
- Student Sustainabilty Center
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
My name is Botond Kovacs, I am a fourth year Earth Sciences-Geography student and I am interested in sustainable development and educating people about social justice and sustainable practices. I am active in the LGBT community at Oregon State University and am the social director for Rainbow Continuum. In my free time I enjoy running, the social life at OSU and traveling. Botond Kovacs is a third year Earth Sciences-Geography student and interested in sustainable development and educating people about social justice and sustainable practices.
The Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) Outreach Coordinator is an employee of the SSI and a member of the SSI Marketing Team. This Team includes the Design, Media, and Outreach Coordinators, and is tasked with publicizing the SSI and its activities. This position is responsible for publicizing the SSI primarily through in-person efforts, as well as identifying and/or creating these opportunities.
● Employment starts May 20 at 5-15 hours/week. At that point in time, the successful candidate will work with the current Coordinator on hiring, transitioning, and training.
● If working over the summer, will work at 10-20 hours/week starting June 16.
● SSI staff training and orientation is September 12-27, totalling approximately 80 hours. Participation of all staff is mandatory.
● Expected to work 10-15 hours/week during fall, winter, and spring terms. Some work may be necessary over breaks as well.
● Employment will last until June 15th of the following year.
The Water Projects Intern will be responsible for assisting with projects that engage students in making water conservation decisions and increasing awareness of water sustainability issues at OSU fun, easy, and worthwhile. He or she will be in charge of researching, planning, and putting on water-related events for interested students and community members.
If you want to learn project and event organizing skills, while gaining first-hand experience launching water related projects, this internship is right for you!
This position will work at least 1-5 hours/week for the duration of the internship, with the length of the internship to be negotiated with the supervising staff member.