Corvallis Environmental Center
SAGE Garden Manager
The Corvallis Environmental Center is hiring a part-time Garden Manager for our Starker Arts Garden for Education. The SAGE Garden Manager will oversee our one-acre educational production garden, manage a volunteer program and lead programs for youth and adults. SAGE is part of the Corvallis Environmental Center’s Edible Corvallis Initiative. The Edible Corvallis Initiative is working to support a sustainable food system in Corvallis.
SAGE Garden Manager duties include:
- Design and plan garden layout.
- Coordinate donations and purchases of supplies and plant starts.
- Develop and supervise garden work plan: including planting, watering and harvesting schedule.
- Recruit community volunteers. Supervise weekly work parties at the garden including dinner preparations.
- Coordinate additional volunteer work parties including the Youth Volunteer Corps and school, business, and church groups.
- Maintain irrigation system, garden tools and equipment.
- Track volunteer hours.
- Track produce donations.
- Coordinate deliveries with Stone Soup, South Corvallis Food Bank and other agencies.
- Supervise garden assistants and interns.
- Coordinate garden activities for summer camps with camp coordinator.
- Develop and teach adult garden education programs.
- Participate in budgeting for SAGE garden programs.
- Assist in grant writing and reporting.
- Develop and administer program evaluations.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Plan community and fundraising events at the SAGE garden.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive gardening/farming experience
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience working with children
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and work outdoors in variable climatic conditions
- Familiarity with MS Office computer programs
This is a part-time position with the opportunity to expand. Hours are flexible and seasonal; work on some Saturdays is required. Starting pay is $13/hour. The position is opened until filled.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Edible Corvallis Initiative Director.
Submissions may be made by:
Mail/dropoff: 214 SW Monroe Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333