The Landscape Projects Coordinator (Landscape Coordinator) will be responsible for actively participating in landscape projects that engage students with the various institutions of the OSU community to make them more sustainable. They will work with various student groups that deal with landscape, soil, and agriculture issues in order to grow student awareness around these issues.
- Maintain and improve SSC garden and compost facilities
- Coordinate projects and events related to advancing sustainable landscape practices on campus
- Recruit coordinate and supervise volunteers and interns
- Hold regular office hours at the SSC
- Attend staff meetings
- Work with the SSI marketing teams
- Link individuals and organizations to sustainability related resources, contacts and opportunities available to help them pursue their own projects.
- Actively collaborate with on and off-campus groups working in areas of sustainable landscape.
- Be a liaison between the SSI and landscape-related student groups, OSU departments, and community groups
- Recruit and train potential future staff of the SSI
- Create quantifiable, tangible, and lasting impacts that further sustainability at OSU
- An understanding and a passion for sustainability
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Demonstrated ability to succesfully plan and execute projects, events, or campaigns
- Experience working with diverse groups of people
- Awareness of, and connections to, campus and community sustainability groups
- Demonstrated inclination to take initiative
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- An awareness of and/or connection to campus and community groups
- Awareness of diverse approaches to creating cultures of sustainability
Employment Dates and Hours:
Staff transition training will begin May 5th, 2014 and run approximately 10 hours during the spring term. Summer hours may be available. All-staff training is required and runs September 10th-26th, 2014. Project Coordinators work from 10-15 hours per week during the academic year.
Terms and Conditions:
Applicants must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher, be enrolled in at least 6 credits at OSU during the employment period, and must not be on academic probation. OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who share our vision of an inclusive community.
Please send a resume and cover letter as a single PDF titled SSI application [your last name] to Olivia Poblacion, SSI Director at SSI.firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should state which Project Coordinator position you are applying for and detail your relevant experience.