The Landscape Projects Coordinator (Landscape Coordinator) will be responsible for actively participating in landscape projects that engage students with the various institutions of the OSU community to make them more sustainable. He/she will be an employee of the SSI, receiving direction and supervision from the SSI Director(s). He/she will work with other SSI staff in the Student Sustainability Center (SSC) and in the SSC garden.
- Maintain and improve SSC garden and compost facilities
- Coordinate projects and events related to advancing sustainable landscape practices on campus
- Recruit coordinate and supervise volunteers and interns
- Hold regular office hours at the SSC
- Attend staff meetings
- Work with the SSI marketing teams
- Link individuals and organizations to sustainability related resources, contacts and opportunities available to help them pursue their own projects.
- Actively collaborate with on and off-campus groups working in areas of sustainable landscape.
- Be a liaison between the SSI and landscape-related student groups, OSU departments, and community groups
- Recruit and train potential future staff of the SSI
- Create quantifiable, tangible, and lasting impacts that further sustainability at OSU
- Organic gardening experience
- An understanding and a passion for sustainability
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Demonstrated ability to succesfully plan and execute projects, events, or campaigns
- Experience working with diverse groups of people
- Knowledge of the SSI, its history, and its activities
- Experience with coordinating volunteers, interns, or staff
- Demonstrated inclanation to take initiative
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- An awareness and/or connection to campus and community groups in position-specific area of sustainability(landscape)
Employment Dates and Hours:
- Position is available immediately
- During summer months, the landscape project coordinator will work 20-30 hours/week
- SSI staff training and orientation is September 12-27th, totalling approxiamately 40 hours/week. Participation of all staff members is mandatory.
- Expected to work 10-15 hours/week during fall, winter, and spring terms. Some work may be nessecary over breaks as well.
Terms and Conditions:
Applicants must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher, be enrolled in at least 6 credits at OSU during the employment period, and must not be on academic probation. The employee is expected to affirm and uphold University policies that help create and maintain a welcoming and equal opportunity campus. OSU and the SSI does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran's status.
Submit a cover letter and resume addressed to the SSI Search Committee by emailing the program's director(s) (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate the position for which you are applying along with a secondary preference if there is one.
Please address questions to the current director at email@example.com. For more information about the SSI, please visit: http://oregonstate.edu/ssi/