- About the SSI
- Student Sustainabilty Center
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) Fee Board members are volunteer, voting members who are collectively responsible for the advancement, effectiveness, health, and longevity of the SSI. As the governing body of the SSI, the Board is charged with responsible expenditure of student fee funds and strategic planning of the organization. They are accountable to and work closely with the Fee Board Chair, as well as each other.
● Assist SSI staff in furthering the SSI’s mission and vision by (1) acting as a liaison between the SSI and other organizations, (2) encouraging and supporting students in furthering their own vision of sustainability on campus, and (3) encouraging movement by the institution towards a sustainable future.
● Support the Fee Board Chair in their responsibilities
● Assist in the long-term planning and development of the program
● Assist in budget development for the subsequent year
● Assist in grant selection and allocation
● Attend an average of two, two-hour SSI Fee Board meetings per month during the academic year as a voting member
● Attend SSI staff meetings approximately once per month during the academic year, or as requested
● An understanding of, and passion for, sustainability
● Awareness of the SSI, its history, and its activities
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team
● Budgeting or financial experience
● Knowledge of organizational development
● Knowledge of, or experience with, organizational development
Preferred start date is May 20, 2013, for training and transition purposes. Fee Board Members must stay in communication with the Board during the summer, but need not stay in Corvallis. During fall, winter, and spring terms, members are expected to be available at least 5 hours/month. Term expires June 2014, with the option to extend into the following academic year.
Submit a cover letter and resume addressed to the SSI Search Committee to the current Fee Board Chair (email@example.com). Please indicate the position for which you are applying on your application materials. Application due date: May 12, 2013.