Outdoor Space on Campus
Outdoor Space on Campus
Use of the many outdoor areas, such as lawns and parking lots on campus, are coordinated by OSU Conference Services.
To reserve outdoor areas on campus, follow the instructions and fill out the reservation form here PDF.
- Current Price List
Contact OSU Conference Services for most updated price list. Their contact information can be found here
- Types of Events Outdoor Space Accommodates
A variety of events can take advantage of the outdoor space on campus such as runs, serving food, etc.
- Space Use/Building Policies
If using any sort of sound for your event, the OSU Sound Use Permit must be filled out. OSU Conference Services will get the Sound Permit to the appropriate departments and notify the organization of acceptance.
The OSU policy is included in this section.
- Equipment Available
Any equipment can be used.
- Space Schematics
A map of campus grounds is included in this section.
- Special Food Policies
Discuss food planning with OSU Conference Services.
- Other Important Information
Campus grounds need to be reserved at least 14 days prior to the event.
OSU Conference Services is NOT responsible for the following campus grounds:
- Memorial Union Quad: The MU Quad is reserved directly by the MU. For more information see section labeled "MU QUAD".
- Valley Library Quad: The Valley Library Quad is NOT AVAILABLE for groups to use unless special approval is given.
- Intramural Fields: Intramural Fields are reserved directly by the Department of Health and Human Sciences in 123 Women’s Building. Contact this department for more information. Contact Information is here
CAMPUS GROUNDS USE REQUEST FORM
Instructions for submission of the Campus Grounds Use Request:
- Complete the Form (see below) with as much detail as possible.
- Submit Electronically: Submit completed form as directed. Submit forms for Alcohol or helicopter landings if applicable.
- Review: This form is sent to specified departments on campus for review and approval. The applicant may receive a response from a specific department asking for further information regarding the event prior to the department submitting an approval (details of a security plan from Public Safety, ground restoration efforts from Facilities/Landscaping, etc.).
- Notification: The applicant will receive an email notice of approval/disapproval from the Director of OSU Conference Services.
Campus Grounds Use Form
OSU Conference Services @ 541-737-2402
(This includes all campus streets, park and lawn areas, parking lots, patios, malls, etc.)
OSU Sound Use Permit Information
The Sound Use Permit Application is available and can be filled out on page 4 of the PDF file online PDF
On- or Off-Campus Noise Control Policy
576-018-0140 On- or Off-Campus Noise Control Policy
- Recognized student organizations must register any event to be held on or off campus if the event involves high volume noise the public might hear.
- Outdoor events that involve high sound levels (such as the use of amplified sound, musical instruments and crowd noise) must be authorized by the Student Involvement office and must be terminated by 11 p.m. unless a specific permit has been obtained.
- A person at the event must be designated to respond to noise complaints. If the noise cannot be controlled, the event must be terminated.
Use the online map of the OSU campus and outdoor grounds. Please refer to it when making Grounds Requests with OSU Conference Services. It can be located here