Mission, Vision and Goals
The Department of Student Leadership & Involvement supports students and student groups by providing opportunities for leadership development and campus community involvement.
We create meaningful and diverse opportunities for leadership development and involvement experiences that cultivate positive social change.
Student Leadership & Involvement provides opportunities for Oregon State University students to engage in shaping a better self and a better world.
We are guided by the following Values/Commitments:
- Concurrent with the mission of Oregon State University, we strive to contribute to society's intellectual, cultural, spiritual, and economic progress and well-being to the maximum possible extent.
- Our primary objective is to support the success of students.
- Development of individual identity, organizational effectiveness, and positive social change are intimately intertwined.
- Experiential learning is at the core of the co-curriculum.
- Involvement and leadership activities take many shapes and forms which honor the diversity of our university community.
- Community matters – success is defined by a whole and diverse community.
- Leadership is about doing something that matters.
- Leadership happens at all levels of an organization.Development of individual identity, organizational effectiveness, and positive social change are intimately intertwined.
- Positive social change is purpose driven, community based, and intensely personal.