- About Us
- International Resource Center (IRC)
- Cultural Experience
Become an Affiliate
Criteria to become an ISOSU affiliate
ISOSU seeks to support the following:
1) To make the experience at OSU for international students as positive as possible.
2) To promote leadership among international students so that they may effectively fulfill the vital role that they play in the community.
3) To serve as a liaison between Oregon State University and international students as critical news and information regarding international concerns are communicated to the community.
4) To assist international students in finding resources for academic, housing, social, financial, and career needs.
5) To provide a social environment for international students to meet, interact, and learn from one another.
6) To create and support a diverse community of understanding and celebration of the world’s rich cultures.
The regulations for an organization to become affiliated with ISOSU include the following:
Affiliation: All Oregon State University Recognized Student Groups that identify themselves as international student organizations or associations can request membership with ISOSU. An international organization is a group of students coming together to create an association or organization that represents a specific geographical area (continent, country or state).
Membership Approval: Approval for membership as an ISOSU affiliate requires a simple majority vote of the ISOSU Leadership Council.
Financial Support: Affiliate members, once approved to affiliate with ISOSU can submit financial requests annually in the Fall Term to support funding their educational or cultural programming and/or events.
Inclusion: Membership and participation shall be considered with regard to the Oregon State University policy on discrimination:
“Oregon State University prohibits recognized student organizations from discriminating on the basis of, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran's status or age in any of its policies, procedures, or practices.”
In order for your organization to affiliate with ISOSU the following criteria must be met:
- Be a Recognized Student Organization (Sponsored Student Organization, SSO or Voluntary Student Organization, VSO).
- Identify itself as an international student organization and/or association
- Represent a specific geographical area: continent, region, country and/or state.
- Must meet the minimum attendance requirement of at least three terms, beginning in Fall
- ISOSU Leadership Council Meetings as well as other ISOSU events such as Spring Festival.
- For returning organizations and/or associations
- Must have been affiliated with ISOSU for a period of time no less than 1 term
- Remain in good standing
- For new organizations to be accepted.
- There must be a majority vote approval by the ISOSU Leadership Council
If you have any questions regarding being affiliated, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in the International Resource Center in the Memorial Union.