SLI is Hiring!
SLI hires responsible, open-minded and motivated students who want to enrich the diverse campus community through support and mentoring of other students.
A brief description of our positions can be found below. More detailed information, including deadlines and application procedures can be found by clicking on the "View PD and Apply" hyperlink following position/department summary below. Candidates may apply for more than one position. The application deadline for most positions is Friday, April 18, 2014. Some vary however, so pay close attention for the positions you are most interested in.
Oregon State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We encourage those who are from traditionally underrepresented groups, including students who are of color, women, LGBTQ+, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Student Leadership & Involvement Student Staff Teams
Center for Civic Engagement - The CCE student staff work closely with the Civic Engagement Graduate Assistants and the Assistant Director of SLI for Civic Engagement & Sustainability to offer meaningful community engagement opportunities to the campus community. Our student staff positions include positions with responsibilities focusing on community partnership development, campus programming, service project coordination, student volunteer recruitment, liaising with student organizations, the Greek community, and other campus offices and departments, and communications and marketing. The CCE is looking for responsible, open-minded, and motivated students who want to enrich the diverse campus community through support and mentoring of other students and outreach to the local community. View PD and Apply
Center for Leadership Development - The Peer Leadership Consultant staff members provide and expand services and support for leadership and organizational development, facilitate leadership development programs, events and workshops, and increase campus awareness of involvement and development opportunities, including involvement in student organizations. The Peer Leadership Consultant staff represents the Center for Leadership Development, and works to expand the resources provided to students through all elements of the OSU community. View PD and Apply
Information Desk Team - The Information Desk Staff serve as Student Leadership & Involvement’s primary point of contact for all students, staff, and community members. Provides information/referral services and performs reception/clerical duties for the SLI Snell Hall and Memorial Union Offices. They also complete miscellaneous tasks and projects as assigned by their supervisor and other SLI professional staff members. View PD and Apply
International Student of OSU (ISOSU) - The ISOSU Executive team members are paraprofessional students who, individually and as a team, support the ISOSU organization in attaining its short term and long range goals.
- The Director is responsible for leading the International Students of Oregon State University by providing vision and direction for the ISOSU organization, development and accountability for the ISOSU Executive Team and representation in and globalization of the OSU community through committee participation, education, and activities. View PD and Apply
- The Event/Program Coordinator has a key role in creating opportunity for the OSU community to learn, socialize, build and be in community. View PD and Apply
- The International Resource Center (IRC) Coordinator has a key role in creating opportunity for the OSU community to learn, socialize, build and be in community through leadership, programming, resource development and staff direction in the IRC. View PD and Apply
- The International Community Coordinator has a key role in creating opportunity for ISOSU to establish relationship with the OSU International student community and the units and departments that provide direct support to International students. View PD and Apply
- The Internal Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for building relationship with the ISOSU affiliate organizations by engaging, informing and supporting each affiliate by attending their meetings, providing access to programming resources and participating in affiliate programming. View PD and Apply
- The Marketing & Media Coordinator has a key role in creating visibility of stories of ISOSU through all mediums: Written word, video, graphic arts, photography and social media. View PD and Apply
Memorial Union Program Council (MUPC):
- MUPC Event Coordinators serve as chairs and co-chairs of MUPC event committees to plan and produce high quality events and programs for students of OSU. View PD and Apply
- The Marketing and Social Media Coordinator serves as the primary support for each event promotional plan as well as the overall organization marketing and promotion. This position works closely with the MUPC Director, MUPC Advisors, and MUPC Event Coordinators. View PD and Apply
Student Events and Activities Center - The SLI Event & Activities team members are paraprofessional students who, individually and as a team, support fellow students and the OSU community in education/skill development, activity support and community development.
- The Event & Activities Specialists work to influence, educate and inform the broader student community about the resources available and the value, learning and connections that occur through out of the classroom engagement. View PD and Apply
- The Community & Cultural Food Program Specialist works to support the success of students in producing and serving food to the OSU community. View PD and Apply
- The Marketing and Media Coordinator serves as the primary support for the development of SEAC Marketing campaigns, social media and program promotion and is responsible for capturing and telling the story of the Student Events & Activities Center and our programs. View PD and Apply
Student Sustainability Initiative - SSI Staff work individually and as part of a team to uphold the SSI’s mission of supporting student efforts to create a sustainable community at OSU through action, education, and opportunity. All SSI staff are responsible for furthering the SSI’s mission in the following ways: 1) model student leadership for sustainability; 2) educate OSU students about environmental, social, economic sustainability and offer resources to make a difference; 3) encourage and support students pursuing their own vision of sustainability on campus; and 4) advocate for action at the institutional level for sustainable infrastructure and policies.
- SSI Project Coordinators
- SSI Media Coordinator
- SSI Administrative Coordinator
- SSI Event and Outreach Coordinator
- Civic Engagement Student Coordinator Team
- ISOSU Director
- ISOSU Executive Team
- Memorial Union Program Council Event Coordinators Application
- MUPC Marketing and Social Media Coordinator Position
- Peer Leadership Consultants Team
- SEAC Events & Activities Specialist
- SEAC Community and Cultural Foods Program Assistant
- SEAC Marketing and Media Coordinator
- SLI Information Desk Team
- Student Sustainability Initiative Staff